German Shepherds Forum banner

Natural TICK prevention in Eastern Europe

728 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Jax08 
#1 ·
I occassionally find ticks on our dog. Never like I did the other day. We were at a nearby lake which is surrounded by a lot of grass/weeds. I assume she picked up what I would call a major infestation there! I have spent probably over an hour pulling ticks from around her eyes, snout, ears, paws and "arm pits." With likely over 50 ticks of all sizes removed, I am still sure there are some on her, maybe many small ones...I am just waiting for them to crawl to those more common more visible places.

So my question is, are there any decent natural methods of tick prevention?
My wife and I live in Albania (Eastern Europe) and quality pet meds arehard to come by.

I have heard about using garlic, lemon, vinegar, various oils, etc. But i do not want to really go through just "trying" things that I am not sure the outcome.

Please any thoughts on natural prevention would help!

Thanks!
Sean

#2 ·
I live on Long Island in the USA and I have tried a lot of products, the only "natural" product that even comes close to having any results is "Neem" based. There is a Pet Protect spray made by Ark Animals that I like. I have stopped going into the woods until the frost comes because they are so bad. When I tryed the Pet Protect spray, instead of picking 15-20 ticks off I would find 5. I am going to try Prevent Tick collars in the fall. Good luck.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.