Animal Reiki or energy healing - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-12-2009, 05:11 PM Thread Starter
Master Member

Animal Reiki or energy healing

Just curious what members thoughts are about this field in general. Does anyone perform this or even plain massage on their GSDs? If so how often - Regularly or as needed? Starting to learn more about this field myself. Seems as if it is something that can only help our animals live longer, calmer lives. So why not?

Kim (MSPCA Vol.), Lainey (Lainey Express Destiny Ryanhaus) and Beau (formerly Booker GSD/Lab?- Rescue)

(At Rainbow Bridge) Vegas- Our Gentle Giant R.I.P. 2000-2008 Meisha - Moo Moo R.I.P. 1990-2000-All GSDs
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-12-2009, 05:49 PM
Crowned Member

Re: Animal Reiki or energy healing

I don't know alot about Reiki, but i did take a few weekend seminars on massage for pets/dogs, etc. i do massage mainly on my 13 1/2 year old probably twice daily, morning and night for about 5 minutes or so. he has spondylosis so his muscles tendons would be really tight along the spine/hips etc. i think it makes a big difference, and i can tell it feels good to him, because he moans and groans, especially in the areas that i know are prime areas of the disease.

debbie

url
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-12-2009, 06:08 PM
Crowned Member

I started working on Reiki when Doerak had cancer. I gave up on it, but I could see a difference in him when others sent him Reiki.

I was working with the Yahoogroup Reiki_On. They believe that you shouldn't have to pay for attunements, and send free weekly attunements to those who ask. They also have manuals and all the information you need to get started.

The morning after I got my attunement I saw some amazing colors!

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Reiki_...&sec=dir&slk=5
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-12-2009, 06:57 PM
Crowned Member

I took a two-day Reiki workshop at a local hospital. Great stuff.

Things like myofascial release, acupuncture, light therapy, magnet therapy, homeopathy, T-touch, etc, all operate on an energetic level.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-12-2009, 07:02 PM

I am also attuned in Reiki. I have done most of my reiki on people altho I have done reiki on my dog, Doc as he was elderly and in the process of passing away. I decided to take classes under a lady who had her master attunement after I had been receiving Reiki from a friend of mine and the process was improving my fibromyalgia and CFS. Really was skeptical when I started receiving the treatments, but I thought what the heck, I stayed in such pain that I was ready to try anything. When I do a treatment on someone, I have to try really hard for my body not to take on the symptoms they are experienceing. That needs some work. I know it may sound hokey to some of you, but my hands get hot as fire when I start my process. Reiki is a great treatment for our dogs.

Gunther: GSD Chloe-Daschund
Cappy, Pharoh, Scooby, Bitty-One all beloved kitties
RIP-Doc our beloved
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-24-2009, 12:58 PM
Crowned Member

The Reiki lady I use made my contacts dry out when she put her hands on my head-that was the first time-I had no knowledge of Reiki and no idea it could happen-so it wasn't a case of thinking of it and then having it happen. SURPRISE!

I really believe Reiki-when it is able-can do some amazing things. Bruno had it done and collapsed from the relaxation. I had Kyah receive Reiki for a week after her adhesion surgery. Kramer had it done as needed and I am convinced it improved his quality of life-and would believe it may have extended it, Nina as well in terms of quality-and when she had her abcess, it seemed to help her get through that.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-25-2009, 06:48 AM

I am attuned to Reiki also. I learned when my husband was recovering from colon cancer.

I have a friend who is a massage therapist & legally blind. She is attuned to the 3rd degree and uses it in her practice. She is amazing. She has balanced my energy several times and it is an experience I cannot describe.

Her hands get really hot sometimes when she's doing Reiki.

To train a dog, you must be more interesting than dirt.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-25-2009, 08:19 AM
Banned

my GF is a level 2 practioner. she performs Reiki
on our dog.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-29-2009, 01:17 PM

I think it is so great that Reiki has become more mainstream, helping more people and animals. The friend that started me on my journey with Reiki was actually trained by John Harvey Gray, who was personally trained by takachda( I butchered that but I'm in a hurry) Some of the people you know that are trained in Reiki will know this name. I would love to get my master attunement with him, but I live in Georgia and he is in Mass. I believe. You can get your master attunement from any master that is a teacher, but it would be to cool to be attuned by john harvey and his wife, Lordes.

Gunther: GSD Chloe-Daschund
Cappy, Pharoh, Scooby, Bitty-One all beloved kitties
RIP-Doc our beloved
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page