my blood sugar is fine , not my blood pressure - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-03-2013, 08:39 PM Thread Starter
Crowned Member

my blood sugar is fine , not my blood pressure

not after this !

just by chance had TV on as background while getting orders ready. Marilyn Denis , good , friendly show, great host -- this day was "health" topics and a diabetes detection dog would be discussed. Okay , you have my attention.

sorry I don't know how to reduce this clip to just the pertinent section but you can find the discussion approximately 1/3 in .

One thing I can not stand is people in need , (or any person) being taken advantage of .

Look at the clip The Marilyn Denis Show | Video

Carmen

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-03-2013, 08:41 PM Thread Starter
Crowned Member

sorry , I kept deleting what I had put down. I need to calm down first and then discuss

Carmen

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-03-2013, 08:56 PM
Knighted Member

My internet connection is a slow loader, so I've only gotten to the 1:30 mark. I'm already stunned by the fact that the dog (puppy?) is terrified by the girl running towards him, and he's on a prong collar. How much worse does it get?!?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-03-2013, 09:14 PM
Crowned Member

So the dog wakes up from his nap at home. He can stick his nose in the air and from a kilometer away, alert to the girls' condition while she is in school. Seriously?

Well, that new insulin pump seems awesome and completely trustworthy. Nothing against the dog, but I'd be going with the pump. Actually the girl uses that pump. Maybe the dog "hears" the pump alert from a kilometer away and then he alerts to the pump. LOL!

Jan
Shelby 9-2-14
Natty Boh 6-27-12
Annie 1998 - 8-2-12 RIP
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-03-2013, 09:19 PM
Zombie Queen Moderator

Oh gosh I heard about this story and the guy who apparently has a scam thing going....

Is it this same guy?
https://www.germanshepherds.com/forum...er-beware.html

Nancy

-NAPWDA Certified Cadaver Dog

- Partner in Crime
Waiting at the Bridge: Grim (NAPWDA), Cyra, Toby, Oscar, Linus, Rainbow, Arlo, & Waggles
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-03-2013, 09:32 PM Thread Starter
Crowned Member

what upsets me are the claims . This dog is said to be alerting. I don't know if I downloaded the right way or the right segments. There is a part where the male Dr says oh yes dogs are amazing , he can sense the girls blood sugar drop from 5 km's away -- the parents say the dog started barking in the car a mile away from her school alerting , the dog barked in the grocery and the dog barked alerting on the girls blood sugar levels.

here are the family's words Training with Tim | Service Dogs By Warren Retrievers

They like the dog . But how can a dog read a drop in blood sugar 20 minutes before it happens . The parents are vigilant . The dog is just plain anxious and they are reading positive things into his nerves.

what was the dog doing in the grocery with the parents --- that is not part of the service dog description ---
people involved are putting a whole lot of energy making the dog successful , doing the work for him ---- the dog has received NO TRAINING , nothing that would create a positive association and reward to indicating a drop -- NO TRAINING . The young girl likes to take the dog to play with other dogs .

I am on side with the parents and the child . I feel for them , so my criticism is not aimed at them , but at the provider of the dog .

So they mentioned these labs coming from Warren Retrievers . Looking for more information , wondering what their breeding program was (this was not a well bred Lab ) I ran across Guardian Angel owner far from angelic | The Examiner

Family: Service dog for diabetic child fails at job | khou.com Houston

and they are all wearing pinch collars - even the puppy

situation. “My wife and I would’ve never gone with this company if we’d known we were going to have to train the dog ourselves.”
According to McLeod, even though the family has had possession of the dog for 8 months, Gunner still cannot accurately alert and doesn’t even attempt to alert at night.

EUREKA ! I found it .

Carmen

post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-03-2013, 09:36 PM Thread Starter
Crowned Member

He has 20 breeding females and is openly looking for more --(right on his web site) .

He says the pups are in the home in a loving home . Sure.
20 litters worth?

He says the puppies are bottle fed from day one . WHY?
unnecessary and unhealthy for the pups !! I think he is appealing to human emotions , humanizing the pups.

The pups at 10 - 12 weeks of age are $20,000 .

my goodness .

lots of complaints ---

Carmen

post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-03-2013, 09:45 PM
Crowned Member

I could not watch the whole vid, but just the pin points -- what a jerk. There is a special place in the Fiery Pit forged for him.

Heidi Ho
Odie, Joy-Joy
Bear Cub, Hepsi-Pepsi
Cujo2, Karma Chameleon
Ramona the Pest, Kojak -- who loves you baby?
Tiny Tinnie, Susie's Uzzi, Kaiah -- The Baby Monster.
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-03-2013, 09:45 PM
Knighted Member

What a lucrative business, for someone without a conscience.
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-03-2013, 10:39 PM
Crowned Member

Why are people so ignorant to fall for such a scam? PT Barnum said it best....

Jane~
Kept by
Gambit zu Treuen Handen

Guinness auf der Marquis...Karlo son!

Always in my heart
Karlo aka Gideon vom Wildhaus
3.02.09~12.03.18
Kacie
7.21.05-5.01.15
Onyx
11.08.06-9.28.18
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page