Just a general topic to discuss ....
(General answers are fine. You can use listed answers as a guide or put in your own.)
1) Where did you get your dog - breeder, rescue, organization?
Koshka is from a breeder. We tried a couple of rescue dogs in the past, but it just didn't work out.
2) Approximate age of dog when you first received him?
Koshka was 8 weeks on the nose.
3) If through any type of organization was your dog officially a SD candidate, SDIT, or working SD.
Well N/A, but we call him a candidate for now.
4) Training - owner trained, owner trained with help of professional, professional trainer, SD organization.
We'll be training with professional help.
5) Cost? Free, responsible for partial cost, full cost of dog and training
We're paying for everything ourselves.
6) If through organization did they help you with any needed fundraising?
7) For you next dog would you do the above the same or would you do things differently?
I think when the time comes for Koshka to retire, we'll go a similar route.
8) What advice would you give to someone looking for their first dog?
Research, research, research. I seriously have spent about 4-5 YEARS reading and learning before getting really set on doing it this way, with a few hiccups along the way.