Another "denied access" article - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-27-2011, 06:37 PM Thread Starter
Crowned Member

Another "denied access" article

I came across this one tonight ... it's an opinion piece rather than a news story, but I don't know whether or not this has been covered elsewhere.

The Daily Advance

Quote:
Recently, disabled Navy veteran David D’Ambra claimed he was denied access to the Public Defender’s Office at the Pasquotank Courthouse in Elizabeth City because of the Pit bull dog he uses to help get him around.
Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe that court houses are covered under a different section of the law than general public places and that access actually *can* be limited. Correct?

Malinois Ronja - fastest K-9 in VT
=^^= Finn, Ratchet & Ollie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-27-2011, 07:28 PM
Crowned Member

any federal building such as court houses can deny access with reasonable cause. Least thats my understanding. After reading the article it seems he was trying to push the issue of being allowed into private offices which is not allowed. He wasnt barred from the building, just barred from entering offices containing confidential files. I do wonder if his dog really is a service dog and is wearing a vest that says as much. curious.

Shasta GSD 5/5/10 CGC, ITD, TC
"Dax" Thor z vom Weberhaus BCAT CAX2 CGCA ETD HCT NCO-1 PKD-T RATI RATN RA TC TKA 3/18/2013
"Hades" Guilty vom Blutfeuer 10/26/2018
Zena GSD 6/1/03-2/16/2016
Riley GSD/BC 1/10/05-2/1/2013
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-28-2011, 06:59 AM
Master Member

The fact that he was "recently disabled" does make me wonder if he has had time to properly train the dog (and himself). I tend to lean on the negative side lately and I am glad that the dogs are usually on the up-and-up but lately there are more and more people passing off their pets as SDs.

I would like to be as good as my dogs think I am.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page