Quick and Easy Titles/Certifications? - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 41 (permalink) Old 08-31-2010, 07:19 PM Thread Starter
Knighted Member

Quick and Easy Titles/Certifications?

We're looking at renting a cottage in the next couple of months that won't allow GSDs.
Are there any quick or easy "BS" titles/certifications/evaluations I can get for Jax? He really is a good boy, we wouldn't take him anywhere that he'd destroy the place or be a nuisance and we're working on his BH but he's too young for that.
I'm thinking if he's titled and educated, they wouldn't have such a problem allowing us to rent with him.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 41 (permalink) Old 08-31-2010, 07:26 PM

how about taking a beginner obed class or cgc class that give out diploma's if you pass???

or offer to let jax meet the owner of the cottage so he/she can see for themselves??

Diane
Ozzie vom Kleinen Hain
Danger Danger vom Kleinen Hain aka Masi
Tranquillo's Kizzy
Jakoda's Kholee
"Angel" Jakoda's Bewitchen Sami CD OA OAJ OAC NGC OJC RS-O GS-N JS-O TT HIC CGC
"Angel" Steinwald's Four x Four CGC HIC TT
"Angel" Harmonyhill's Hy Jynx NA NAJ NAC NJC RS-N JS-N HIC
"Angel" Jakoda's Jagged Edge

Last edited by JakodaCD OA; 08-31-2010 at 07:26 PM. Reason: added
post #3 of 41 (permalink) Old 08-31-2010, 08:03 PM Thread Starter
Knighted Member

The CGC would have been my first choice but the next evaluation in our area is October. (if anyone knows otherwise, please speak up!)
The owner didn't seem terribly interested in meeting us because cottages are in such high demand right now, when I asked what type of dogs they allow they said any dogs except those "dangerous breeds" like GSD, pit bulls, Rottweilers, etc. Unless they're service dogs. I didn't pursue the issue until I have all my ducks in a row I can understand where he's coming from... Ontario has lost its mind with this breed legislation but the fuzz ball is of no danger to anyone
I know lots of places on the web that sell fake certifications but don't want to support organizations that make it more difficult for people who actually need service animals to get real ones because of these people.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 41 (permalink) Old 08-31-2010, 08:27 PM

My above message was hung up and would not print correctly so I deleted what was there and reposted.

Quote:
I know lots of places on the web that sell fake certifications but don't want to support organizations that make it more difficult for people who actually need service animals to get real ones because of these people.
And the fact that it is dishonest and disgusting that some people would do such a thing. Also it is against state and federal laws here in the U.S. and in Canada I believe each area has their own laws. Some areas require certification by an approved agency.

TJ aka Theresa A. Jennings
Pyro vom Wildhaus aka Kaleb ~S.T.A.R.~
Family Companion, Non-Profit Mascot, In-Home Service Dog

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Member of Assistance Dog Advocacy Project (ADAP),
Humane Animal Education & Services (HAES),
post #5 of 41 (permalink) Old 08-31-2010, 08:29 PM
Crowned Member

If you can find a CGC evaluator, that person might make a special test for you. I know they do that around here.
post #6 of 41 (permalink) Old 08-31-2010, 08:33 PM

A lot of rental insurance companies don't allow certain dog breeds. So what you're experiencing may not have so much to do with the personal feelings of the landlord, but rather the insurance policy on the place. If something did happen involving your dog on that property, the policy may not cover it.

~ Jen

'Shya' Xaera vom Nordosten Haus, GSD (b. Jan 2010)
'Behr' (2000-2009), GSD, always in my heart.
post #7 of 41 (permalink) Old 08-31-2010, 08:35 PM

Unless you are disabled and Jax was indeed your SD why even go with this thought? Also a CGC (Canada has their own tests) does not even certify a dog as a therapy dog, which has no special housing perks, but might show the landlord that Jax is being trained to be a well-behaved pet.

For a dog under a year old I would enroll him in an obedience class. I myself do not do a CGC evaluation on dogs under a year old.

Last edited by ILGHAUS; 08-31-2010 at 08:38 PM.
post #8 of 41 (permalink) Old 08-31-2010, 09:03 PM

testing

HI JAX'S MOM

How old is your pup, the reason i ask is that there is a TEC (temperment evaluation certificate testing ) next thursday at the Canadian German shepherd national in Kitchener. Dogs must be at least 1 year old to be tested all breeds are welcome.
post #9 of 41 (permalink) Old 08-31-2010, 09:17 PM

Going by her signature I'm saying that Jax. was born Feb. 2 of this year which makes him just under 7 months old.

post #10 of 41 (permalink) Old 08-31-2010, 10:01 PM

cgn testing

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILGHAUS View Post
Going by her signature I'm saying that Jax. was born Feb. 2 of this year which makes him just under 7 months old.
thanks ilghaus

Jax is too young for the TEC testing , but he is old enough for the CGN test, if you go to www.ckc.ca you will see where and when the nearest test is

cheers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page