TDI? - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-21-2010, 01:20 PM Thread Starter
Crowned Member

TDI?

What is the difference between Therapy Dog Inc and Therapy Dog Int'l? To be honest I don't even remember which one I did with Kenya. I'm adding an "Other Evaluations & Certifications" section to the Links page for our Schutzhund club site and I'm not sure which, or both, to add.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-21-2010, 01:32 PM
Crowned Member

Re: TDI?

TDI is Therapy Dogs International. TDInc is Therapy Dogs Incorporated.

Here are some other threads I found:

http://www.dogster.com/forums/Servic.../thread/527374

http://www.goldenretrieverforum.com/...ad.php?t=71490

- Shel

Handmade puppy and dog toys - Free Shipping
100% Proceeds to animal rescues -

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- PICS NOW UP!
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-21-2010, 01:46 PM
Crowned Member

They are two different organizations.

TDI is Therapy Dogs International, Inc.
TDInc is Therapy Dogs Incorporated

Malinois Ronja - fastest K-9 in VT
=^^= Finn, Ratchet & Ollie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-
-

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-21-2010, 02:27 PM Thread Starter
Crowned Member

Any preference?
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-21-2010, 02:52 PM
Crowned Member

Just as a heads up, Therapy Dogs International does not allow you to be a member of any other local or national therapy dog groups if you are a member of their organization.
I don't know if they publicize this info now, but when I took the TDI test several years ago they did not have that info posted anywhere on their website or in their testing materials. I took the test and had a prof. photo taken of my dog for their ID and sent in the materials when she passed, only to get a rejection letter back because I also did animal-assisted therapy with a local org. (which is unfortunate, because with the local org we could only do AAT at their facilities in a group under their supervision, whereas the TDI membership would have allowed me to do single visits with my dog at other locations.) Apparently it's an insurance issue.

Jubal/Tesla (Beauceron) 3/14/14
Bianca HIC CGC TT (GSD) 4/24/04-10/23/12
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-21-2010, 04:01 PM
Crowned Member

Quote:
Quote:I don't know if they publicize this info now, but when I took the TDI test several years ago they did not have that info posted anywhere on their website or in their testing materials.
It's on their website -
http://tdi-dog.org/HowToJoin.aspx?Pa...g+Requirements

It is also on the form you receive signed by the evaluator after testing, which you are supposed to read (it has rules for associate members on the back, your dog's and your info on the front) and sign.

-
-

post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-21-2010, 04:04 PM
Crowned Member

Quote:
Quote:Any preference?
I have no experience with TDInc, so I can not compare them to TDI. We belong to TDI and have been pretty happy with them.

They send you a packet when you first register that includes your member guide, insurance information, a ton of fliers for their programs you can hand out, etc. You can now update your membership online, download materials, order stuff (stickers, patches, T-shirts), get started founding a TDI chapter locally, etc.

They've always been really quick responding to questions. When we got to Fort Drum and I was looking for guidance to get a program started here, TDI's president called me and spent about 2 hours on the phone with me to help.

-
-

post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-21-2010, 04:35 PM
Elite Member

T.D.Inc. would be the better of the 2, simply because once your dog pass`s and gets the little red heart, you have 5 million dollar insurance policy

Max Von barkstoomuch, T.D.Inc, EPI Survivor, Bloat Survivor
Heidi Von affraidofpeople
Lilah Von cantsitstill

Tester/Observer T.D.INC
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-21-2010, 04:52 PM
Crowned Member

I don't have my TDI insurance information handy (I'm at work), but I believe it's $3,000,000 in liability, plus an amount for medical should the volunteer get injured going to or from a visit. I will look it up and give actual numbers tomorrow if you are interested, Lies.

Kenk - do you mind if I ask you a question, since you are a tester/observer for TDInc? Why does TDInc allow head halters on visits?

-
-

post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-21-2010, 06:11 PM
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted By: HistorianI don't have my TDI insurance information handy (I'm at work), but I believe it's $3,000,000 in liability, plus an amount for medical should the volunteer get injured going to or from a visit. I will look it up and give actual numbers tomorrow if you are interested, Lies.

Kenk - do you mind if I ask you a question, since you are a tester/observer for TDInc? Why does TDInc allow head halters on visits?
they upped it to 5 mill last year, I`m not a good reader of a insurance policy, but i dont see anywhere were it covers a handler, pm me if you want with your email and I can send you there latest policy, as far as the head halter, couldnt say without calling Billie and getting an answer, my own personal opinion I dont think they should be allowed, if you dont have control of your dog with a regular collar you shouldn't be doing therapy work

Max Von barkstoomuch, T.D.Inc, EPI Survivor, Bloat Survivor
Heidi Von affraidofpeople
Lilah Von cantsitstill

Tester/Observer T.D.INC
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page