Password Issues - German Shepherd Dog Forums
 2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-19-2019, 08:17 PM Thread Starter

Password Issues

So I had to change my password. No big deal except now it will either work on my iPad or my phone. If I change it on one, it doesn't seem to work on the other.

Any suggestions?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Miika and
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Kiisa's Mom

BlueBelle and Beau (sister cats) and 3 Arabians
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-20-2019, 01:31 AM Thread Starter

So after multiple attempts to log on to either device (as I logged off the iPad to try to get the iPhone to log on) I was finally able to get my iPad logged on again. I like using the iPad when I have an actual internet connection, but at home I have to use my phone as a hot spot and that is not good, especially since I am data limited.

I am leery about changing my password from the one sent to me as when I changed it before I was stranded and could not log on to either device and had to go through multiple resets to get back on the forum.

Is there any help out there? I did not notice anyway to contact anyone without being logged on. Even pointing that out will be a great help since when I am logged out I cannot leave a message for the help desk.

I'm quite frustrated and am concerned that when I lose my internet connection I will not be able to get back on the forum again. At least I will be able to read responses without being logged on. I will see what happens when I try on my PC this weekend too.

Thank you for any help.

Miika and
Kiisa's Mom

post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-20-2019, 12:39 PM
Administrator

Changing your password is account specific, so if it works on one device, it will work on another. A lot of issues come from auto-filling passwords if your browser does that, you need to ensure you remove all information before logging in.

As for contacting when you're not logged in, use the "Contact Us" at the bottom of the page.

As for your specific issue, your password should work on all devices. If you're pulling a password from the reset email, ensure you use "Paste as Plain Text" when copy/pasting it over as some browsers/devices cause blank spaces when pasting.

- JB

For Admin support please post here:

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-20-2019, 09:34 PM
No Stinkin' Leashes Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Administrator View Post
Changing your password is account specific, so if it works on one device, it will work on another.
In theory, yes. I can log into the board from both my home and work computers but have not been able to do so from my phone in months. I've tried so many times that I finally gave up. Kinda sucks since I'm a moderator and I can't do anything unless I'm sitting at a computer. I'm not using autofill, I typed in my username and password every time I attempted, and got an error message every single time.

-Debbie-
Cava 1/6/18 *** Keefer 8/25/05
Halo 11/9/08-6/17/18 ~ You left pawprints on our hearts
Dena 9/12/04-10/4/08 ~ Forever would have been too short
Cassidy 6/8/00-10/4/04
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-20-2019, 09:40 PM
The Friendly Neighborhood Witch Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassidy's Mom View Post
In theory, yes. I can log into the board from both my home and work computers but have not been able to do so from my phone in months. I've tried so many times that I finally gave up. Kinda sucks since I'm a moderator and I can't do anything unless I'm sitting at a computer. I'm not using autofill, I typed in my username and password every time I attempted, and got an error message every single time.
Same. My choices are to use my ipad, where I can log in to my actual account, and be redirected constantly to spam sites. Or use my laptop to read threads while not logged in because my log in does not work on my laptop.
Cassidy's Mom likes this.

Train the dog in front of you.
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-21-2019, 01:48 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassidy's Mom View Post
Clear cache and cookies for this site on your device, and any saved passwords (or check if it saved the username and a blank password even).

Wait 15 seconds for the page to load and try then. Are you actually getting the 1/5 password attempts when you login there?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsyGhost View Post
Same. My choices are to use my ipad, where I can log in to my actual account, and be redirected constantly to spam sites. Or use my laptop to read threads while not logged in because my log in does not work on my laptop.
If you're getting redirected, provide the URL and screenshot and we'll block it.

Try what I suggested above as well.

- JB

post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-21-2019, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Clear cache and cookies for this site on your device, and any saved passwords (or check if it saved the username and a blank password even).Wait 15 seconds for the page to load and try then.

Is there a way to clear the cache and delete cookies on an iPhone for JUST this site? I don't want to delete all saved usernames and passwords stored on my phone, I have a lot of apps and I don't remember that info for many of them because I've always remained logged into them. I did the same for this site, but a bunch of Amazon Prime Day ads on my phone bumped me out months ago and now I can't get back in. The only option I see in the settings is to clear everything. On my computer I can select certain sites to delete cookies but not on my phone. It's all or nothing.

Quote:
Are you actually getting the 1/5 password attempts when you login there?

Yes, I am. It shows my saved username and a password that I can't see. If I delete both of those and then type them in again, I get an error message. If I try to log in with the saved username and password, I get an error message. If I keep the saved username (which is correct), and delete and retype the password, I get an error message. I just did all that right now, and I'm at 3 of the 5 password attempts.

-Debbie-
Cassidy 6/8/00-10/4/04
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-27-2019, 03:39 PM Thread Starter

Unhappy

Finally have a short opportunity to reply again (access to internet w/o using phone).

Quote:
As for contacting when you're not logged in, use the "Contact Us" at the bottom of the page.
On my phone (which is what I must use for internet access from home) I cannot find the "contact us" on the mobile site. Is it located someplace else?

Still haven't had the opportunity to try on my PC, maybe this weekend if I can get my laptop to my folks'.

I am hoping to try to change my password and then work on getting access from my phone again, primary goal. Going to update phone first. Not sure why it wanted me to change the password prior to this last fiasco as I had recently changed my password using my phone. Wish me luck.

Miika and
Kiisa's Mom

post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-28-2019, 10:52 AM
Administrator

@Cassidy's Mom For the auto-fill passwords, those would be in your browser cookies, not your phones cache. What browser are you using? You can clear site-specific cookies in most browsers so you won't have to clear everything.

@Miika's Mom Can you try clearing your cookies for the site as well? Are you using the enhanced mobile view or the desktop view on your phone? You can PM us with the password you'd like to use and we can update it manually for you.

Niall

post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-28-2019, 01:49 PM

Quote:
@Cassidy's Mom For the auto-fill passwords, those would be in your browser cookies, not your phones cache. What browser are you using? You can clear site-specific cookies in most browsers so you won't have to clear everything.

I use Safari and have iOS 11.2. I have no idea how to clear browser cookies on my phone. But I don't understand why I'd need to if I'm deleting the autofill info (which is correct) and typing in the username and password and it still doesn't work.

-Debbie-
Cassidy 6/8/00-10/4/04
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page