Highjacked pages - Page 2 - German Shepherd Dog Forums
 11Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 56 (permalink) Old 12-31-2018, 12:57 PM
The Friendly Neighborhood Witch Mod

All of my devices and my laptop are Apple.

Train the dog in front of you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 56 (permalink) Old 12-31-2018, 01:04 PM

Highjacked pages

Are the redirects you’re getting only happening in the browser, or in other apps too (like Twitter, FB, etc.)?

~ Diane ~

CARLY ......... Ch. Lauremi's No Reservations (AKC GCh pointed, HIC)
SCARLET ..... Lauremi's Almost Wasn't (AKC pointed)
and absent friends... SAGE ~ Lauremi's Whim Z v Jakmar ~ AKC major ptd, HIC ~ 2010-2015
post #13 of 56 (permalink) Old 12-31-2018, 01:17 PM
pam

I have an Apple laptop, and the redirects only occur on this site. When it happens, it cycles quickly through 3-4 urls before landing on an ad site.
gsdluvr likes this.

~Pam~
Kairo v Wolfstraum, BH, TR 1, ATB Halcyon v Wolfstraum
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 56 (permalink) Old 12-31-2018, 02:21 PM
No Stinkin' Leashes Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsyGhost View Post
I’d love to be able to use my laptop to access this forum, but my login does not work on my laptop. No idea why. It works on my devices.
I don't have a laptop or an iPad but I haven't been able to log in from my iPhone in months. No issues with my home computer (Mac) and my work computer (PC). I still don't understand how my login info could be valid on a computer but invalid on a phone, and it's annoying that none of these problems that have recently cropped up for many different people have still not been addressed.
GypsyGhost likes this.

-Debbie-
Cava 1/6/18 *** Keefer 8/25/05
Halo 11/9/08-6/17/18 ~ You left pawprints on our hearts
Dena 9/12/04-10/4/08 ~ Forever would have been too short
Cassidy 6/8/00-10/4/04
post #15 of 56 (permalink) Old 12-31-2018, 02:34 PM
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassidy's Mom View Post
I don't have a laptop or an iPad but I haven't been able to log in from my iPhone in months. No issues with my home computer (Mac) and my work computer (PC). I still don't understand how my login info could be valid on a computer but invalid on a phone, and it's annoying that none of these problems that have recently cropped up for many different people have still not been addressed.
I think it has to do with differences in browser's security settings, anti virus programs, that kind of thing. Its the ads, I don't think it will ever be fully addressed.

Doc

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #16 of 56 (permalink) Old 12-31-2018, 03:08 PM

TLDR: Try an alternate browser/app on IOS mobile devices

No issues on my Android when I use Chrome or the Galaxy browser. However; I did notice a lot more ad's at the bottom.

I think this may be more of an Apple IPhone/Ipad issue. I would try clearing the cache on Safari on a mobile device and on a mac/computer.

If you have an alternate browser try to see if you can use the desktop version of it instead of using Safari.

Safari doesn't have an option built-in for displaying the desktop version of a website. Since Apple doesn't support the software used by computers to display a website, its native browser on the iPhone displays an alternate, compatible website. Safari is designed to show the mobile versions so that all websites are displayed in the most functional, attractive way possible on your iPhone.

If you want to view a desktop version of a browser, use an app from iTunes. Alternate browsers send information indicating that they're operating on a normal computer, not a phone or tablet. The website responds by displaying the desktop version of the page on your iPhone. Once you've downloaded the app, adjust the settings so that desktop mode is enabled.

The browser interface is one major thing to consider when selecting an alternate browser. Look at the images displayed on the browser's listing on the App Store to see what the browser looks like. Browsers with a large toolbar may obscure your view of certain websites, while others may not offer buttons that you want to use. vBrowse, Mercury Browser and iCab Mobile can all toggle between desktop and mobile browser view on the iPhone.

Even with an alternate app, not every Web page will work as it would on a desktop computer. Not only does the iPhone have different software than a desktop computer, but it also has different inputs. Some of the inputs, graphics, videos and other aspects of the website might not work on the iPhone, no matter what app you use.

This article talks about force quitting the app, https://www.tomsguide.com/us/how-to-...view-5151.html

Maverick 04/09/03 to 09/30/14

Ranger 02/06/17 -
post #17 of 56 (permalink) Old 12-31-2018, 03:39 PM

turn off a feature inside Safari known as Prevent cross-site tracking.

https://support.securly.com/hc/en-us...ror-on-Safari-

Maverick 04/09/03 to 09/30/14

Ranger 02/06/17 -
post #18 of 56 (permalink) Old 01-01-2019, 01:03 PM

Just wondering if paid subscribers are experiencing this problem? The paid membership options say, "less advertising". That tells me that there is some level of advertising with paid membership.

When I use my Windows laptop, I use browsers with add-on ad blockers, They work great to prevent invasive ads and pop-ups. I have to admit that my Ipad has had problems with Safari (not with the Dolfin browser). I'm currently changing some settings for Safari, but may just quit using that browser and add the Chrome browser as an alternative.

post #19 of 56 (permalink) Old 01-01-2019, 06:44 PM Thread Starter
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsyGhost View Post
All of my devices and my laptop are Apple.
Ditto. But it is only on my laptop??
post #20 of 56 (permalink) Old 01-01-2019, 06:47 PM Thread Starter
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arathorn II View Post

https://support.securly.com/hc/en-us...ror-on-Safari-
trying this one
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page