Technical issues accessing the board - Page 4 - German Shepherd Dog Forums
 10Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 39 (permalink) Old 10-18-2018, 10:55 AM
Crowned Member

Here's a crazy idea. Figure out how to quit allowing malicious adds before they get to the users.

Doc

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 39 (permalink) Old 10-18-2018, 03:39 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Strom View Post
Here's a crazy idea. Figure out how to quit allowing malicious adds before they get to the users.
That would be excellent....

I'm having a really hard time responding on my own threads and PMs, let alone being able to respond to reports or edits in a timely manner.

I really can't blame my device..... I can remotely access my business server, security system, cameras, etc. every day from the same device that won't let me access this discussion forum without throwing me off or freezing the browser. I just got a brand new iPhone two weeks ago, everything is updated, and it still keeps throwing me off.
dogfaeries, dogma13 and GypsyGhost like this.
post #33 of 39 (permalink) Old 10-18-2018, 05:53 PM Thread Starter
No Stinkin' Leashes Moderator

It's especially frustrating that this has been going on for several weeks and nothing has been resolved yet.

And at least 3 moderators are having trouble accessing the board. We're already stretched thin, it doesn't help when we can't even get on the site on some of our devices.
GypsyGhost likes this.

-Debbie-
Cava 1/6/18 *** Keefer 8/25/05
Halo 11/9/08-6/17/18 ~ You left pawprints on our hearts
Dena 9/12/04-10/4/08 ~ Forever would have been too short
Cassidy 6/8/00-10/4/04
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 39 (permalink) Old 10-18-2018, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WIBackpacker View Post

I really can't blame my device..... I can remotely access my business server, security system, cameras, etc. every day from the same device that won't let me access this discussion forum without throwing me off or freezing the browser. I just got a brand new iPhone two weeks ago, everything is updated, and it still keeps throwing me off.

Iím not having any luck going through my browser on my phone (Safari). If I click on a topic, I get a blank page. Frustrating. Have you tried the Tapatalk app? Tapatalk is very squirrelly, with repeating replies, but at least I can use the forum.

~ Diane ~

CARLY ......... Ch. Lauremi's No Reservations (AKC GCh pointed, HIC)
SCARLET ..... Lauremi's Almost Wasn't (AKC pointed)
and absent friends... SAGE ~ Lauremi's Whim Z v Jakmar ~ AKC major ptd, HIC ~ 2010-2015
post #35 of 39 (permalink) Old 10-18-2018, 06:58 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogfaeries View Post
Iím not having any luck going through my browser on my phone (Safari). If I click on a topic, I get a blank page. Frustrating.

Okay, so four moderators are having trouble accessing the board! Oy. I don't know a thing about Tapatalk.

-Debbie-
Cassidy 6/8/00-10/4/04
post #36 of 39 (permalink) Old 10-19-2018, 10:19 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogfaeries View Post
Iím not having any luck going through my browser on my phone (Safari). If I click on a topic, I get a blank page. Frustrating. Have you tried the Tapatalk app? Tapatalk is very squirrelly, with repeating replies, but at least I can use the forum.
I'll give it a shot - it can't be worse than the constant browser crashes/ads. (right? right.)
post #37 of 39 (permalink) Old 10-19-2018, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WIBackpacker View Post
I'll give it a shot - it can't be worse than the constant browser crashes/ads. (right? right.)

Give it a go!

~ Diane ~

CARLY ......... Ch. Lauremi's No Reservations (AKC GCh pointed, HIC)
SCARLET ..... Lauremi's Almost Wasn't (AKC pointed)
and absent friends... SAGE ~ Lauremi's Whim Z v Jakmar ~ AKC major ptd, HIC ~ 2010-2015
post #38 of 39 (permalink) Old 10-19-2018, 01:54 PM
Sponsored Editorial Content

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassidy's Mom View Post
One of the other moderators told me that she can't access the forum without being redirected to spam sites. Prior to this problem she mentioned that she can only login on her iPad, not her laptop or other devices.

I can log on from my home and work computers, but since the Amazon Prime ads that popped up a month or so ago, I can no longer log on from my phone. I use the exact same login name and password but get an error message that they are invalid. I used to always remain logged in on my phone, but the ads kicked me out and now I can't get back in.
So how do you log into your account on the phone? do you use the saved password that's on your phone's browser?
you said you can log on at home and work on the computer, so you might need to compare the passwords.
also when you use the phone, are you using desktop skin or the mobile skin?

are you still getting the pop-ups when you're on the phone? is that in desktop skin or in mobile?

Have you also tried clearing cache and cookies using a browser cleaner app?

Lee
post #39 of 39 (permalink) Old 10-19-2018, 07:29 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetGuide.com View Post
So how do you log into your account on the phone? do you use the saved password that's on your phone's browser?
you said you can log on at home and work on the computer, so you might need to compare the passwords.
also when you use the phone, are you using desktop skin or the mobile skin?
I've tried it both ways - selecting the "from this site" password option that it gives me when I start typing in my username, and also ignoring that and typing it in manually. I've tried it both ways dozens of times over the past few weeks and get the same error message that my password is invalid. I know what my password is, I don't need to compare them. I stay logged in on my home machine but not on my work computer, so I type in my password several times a week at work. I am not the only one having this exact same problem, where we can log in from one device but not others. The board should recognize my password regardless of where I'm logging in from.

I have no idea if I'm using the desktop or mobile skin with my phone. I type the URL into Safari, the site opens, and that's what I use. How can you tell which one it is and how do you switch between them?

I'm not getting popups anymore because I installed an ad blocker on my phone. I don't know what a browser cleaner app is, and I don't know how to clear the cache and cookies. And I'm not sure I want to clear them for everything, is there a way to just clear them for the forum? But again, if I'm typing my username and password in manually, it shouldn't matter whether the cache and cookies are cleared, should it? I have no idea, that's why I'm asking for tech help.

-Debbie-
Cassidy 6/8/00-10/4/04
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page