Attention - Password and Security Update - Page 5 - German Shepherd Dog Forums
 92Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #41 of 59 (permalink) Old 06-15-2016, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Administrator View Post

Don't worry about changing your password now. The system will be enforcing a change for all users, so if you do so now, you'll have to do it again soon.

Kevin
Kevin, maybe some people are just tired of being FORCED to do extra FOR THIER OWN PROTECTION. I'm a big boy, I can protect myself when I deem it necessary.

Jason

Albus "Dobby" Van Meerhout

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 59 (permalink) Old 06-15-2016, 09:28 PM
Banned

post #43 of 59 (permalink) Old 06-15-2016, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by selzer View Post
Well, I only use this password for this site. If they find my e-mail from this site, well, it has a different password. So does everything else. So my brain is filled up with 17 passwords (or more), and I am running out of brain cells to remember them all. I use more than one computer to do this stuff, so keeping a sticky-note with all my passwords with each computer makes even less sense if I am trying to be security minded.

So, instead of, "We are going to make EVERYONE change their password to something long and difficult to remember and type in" why not, "If you are concerned about your security here, we suggest you change your password to something, unique, long, complicated, and difficult to remember and type in."

Then all the paranoid people can change their passwords, and those of us who aren't so concerned, but are rather attached to Fluffy, do not have to euthanize him as a preventative measure.

I love this.

So tired of being nannied all the time.
Stevenzachsmom likes this.

Jason

Albus "Dobby" Van Meerhout

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #44 of 59 (permalink) Old 06-15-2016, 10:07 PM
Crowned Member

I just want to know what is going to be so special about my 'new' password that makes it more special than my 'old' password. Why will it be better than the password I have had for the last 8 years? How does getting a new one every year make it better? Has there been wear and tear on the old password? Is it getting frayed, faded, broken? People have always had the option of changing passwords, if they felt compromised, right? So what's the difference?

Jan
Shelby 9-2-14
Natty Boh 6-27-12
Annie 1998 - 8-2-12 RIP
post #45 of 59 (permalink) Old 06-15-2016, 10:15 PM
Zombie Queen Moderator

So do we wait for an email prompt to do this? I have to agree with the others. I worry about secure passwords for banking and personal things but a discussion forum? How does this protect us? Perhaps if we knew we would be less frustrated.

Nancy

-NAPWDA Certified Cadaver Dog

- Partner in Crime
Waiting at the Bridge: Grim (NAPWDA), Cyra, Toby, Oscar, Linus, Rainbow, Arlo, & Waggles
post #46 of 59 (permalink) Old 06-15-2016, 10:53 PM
Crowned Member

Wow Stone, you are just waaay too into Sue's business. She has been much more polite in her responses to you than I ever could have been.

Meanwhile, back at the Attn. - Password and Security Update thread.... I don't like it. My right to not like. Don't even need to explain why or defend myself. I just don't.
selzer, Jax08, dogfaeries and 2 others like this.

Jan
Shelby 9-2-14
Natty Boh 6-27-12
Annie 1998 - 8-2-12 RIP
post #47 of 59 (permalink) Old 06-15-2016, 11:40 PM
Crowned Member

Stone. What does your "personal" interest in Selzers time management have to do with password changes?
If you are so interested in Selzers private life. PM her!

I hate password changes too. However if the admin think there is risk to it's members and are being proactive, and seeing as I had a strange issue (noted in a dozen or so posts back) happen to me that I felt was related to this site, well....

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion. - Unknown
post #48 of 59 (permalink) Old 06-16-2016, 12:04 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorBytes View Post
Stone. What does your "personal" interest in Selzers time management have to do with password changes?
If you are so interested in Selzers private life. PM her!

I hate password changes too. However if the admin think there is risk to it's members and are being proactive, and seeing as I had a strange issue (noted in a dozen or so posts back) happen to me that I felt was related to this site, well....
I apologize. This post started in one way and ended in another that I did not want or predict... When I looked at more detail, when one does not have home access to the internet - it just brought up a bunch of other questions for me that I should have PM's about....

I'm sorry for loosing it you guys Mia Culpa....
post #49 of 59 (permalink) Old 06-16-2016, 12:39 AM
Elite Member

we should have thumb print identification and retina scans to log on.
post #50 of 59 (permalink) Old 06-16-2016, 12:54 AM
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarfish View Post
we should have thumb print identification and retina scans to log on.
That works for me. Nothing to remember and, hopefully, I won't be losing either of those.
selzer likes this.

Jan
Shelby 9-2-14
Natty Boh 6-27-12
Annie 1998 - 8-2-12 RIP
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page