Attention - Password and Security Update - Page 2 - German Shepherd Dog Forums
 92Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 59 (permalink) Old 06-14-2016, 06:57 PM
Crowned Member

with all the spam posts every single morning, why not make the first post be screened and approved to weed out the spam? It may be hard at first on the admin, but not anymore time consuming than deleting all the posts they make repeatedly.

Jane~
Kept by
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Always in my heart

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

3.02.09~12.03.18
Kacie
7.21.05-5.01.15
Onyx
11.08.06-9.28.18
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 59 (permalink) Old 06-14-2016, 07:12 PM
Crowned Member

So let's see --- someone steals my password for this site... Oh my! They might (I can't imagine why but then I'm getting old) post here under it.... frankly, I can't see what the problem might be. They might use it to get in to another forum under my name.... Again - what would the problem be? I think the forum admin has an inflated sense of the forum's importance.
Stevenzachsmom likes this.
post #13 of 59 (permalink) Old 06-14-2016, 07:42 PM
Crowned Member

C'mon!!! I've been using the same password for 11 years, and my account hasn't been hacked, and I know it. You want to make things better so you make it more difficult. Why???

For heaven's sake, we aren't putting our CC numbers on here!

I don't want to change my password.

I'm on Facebook, and my work network, and need a password for paypal, amazon, fidelity, health, to put my hours in, and so much more. I can't remember them all. The AKC, the Plain Dealer! I have to constantly have them send me my password. And they don't. They make you change it. Then you find out it needs numbers, and capitals, and has to be at least 8 characters, and you can only remember 5 or 6. They tell you it isn't STRONG enough.

Oh for the love of Pete!!!

Let's just leave the passwords alone, and if something happens, we can change it then. Ok? I wouldn't mind keeping my password the same for another 11 years.

Heidi Ho, Odie
Joy-Joy, Bear Cub, Hepsi-Pepsi
Cujo2, Karma Chameleon
Ramona the Pest, Kojak -- who loves you baby?
Tiny Tinnie, Susie's Uzzi, Kaiah -- The Baby Monster.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 59 (permalink) Old 06-14-2016, 08:05 PM
Knighted Member

I already have a spreadsheet with over 40 passwords and user names on it. Hopefully there will be someone manning the IT help desk when my cookie here expires and my password has to be reset.

And the spam posts would stop if the admin simply blocked ISPs from countries where they mostly originate such as Russia. I'm on another forum that did that and we never have spambots anymore.
selzer and Stevenzachsmom like this.
post #15 of 59 (permalink) Old 06-14-2016, 09:22 PM
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelas View Post
I already have a spreadsheet with over 40 passwords and user names on it. Hopefully there will be someone manning the IT help desk when my cookie here expires and my password has to be reset.

And the spam posts would stop if the admin simply blocked ISPs from countries where they mostly originate such as Russia. I'm on another forum that did that and we never have spambots anymore.
I'm on a forum like that too. It's great. Another forum I belong to has a lot of spam and is also making us change passwords - oh wait, that was Helena on the other spam filled, need to change my password site.
selzer likes this.

Jan
Shelby 9-2-14
Natty Boh 6-27-12
Annie 1998 - 8-2-12 RIP
post #16 of 59 (permalink) Old 06-15-2016, 06:46 AM
Master Member

Fine by me. I'm not sure what seems to be the big deal... If the password for this site isn't important then just have it saved as a word doc on your desktop.

But yes, password expiration is clearly the sign of an egotistical admin gone mad!!!111 /s
MichaelE likes this.
post #17 of 59 (permalink) Old 06-15-2016, 07:05 AM

considering these types of forum sites have no privacy...anyone anywhere in the world can read anything we post...It would be wise to have a unique password and perhaps even screen name, if you are going to be a hot blooded ignorant curr.

I have lists of passwords, and when I am forced to change a password I will. all in all it is a first world problem and I laugh when we complain about something so trivial. Annoying yes, but over all a small problem

about.me/car2ner
Patton CGC BH
Chief fetch fanatic

post #18 of 59 (permalink) Old 06-15-2016, 07:37 AM
The "I'm not dead yet" Administrator.

Quote:
Originally Posted by car2ner View Post

all in all it is a first world problem and I laugh when we complain about something so trivial. Annoying yes, but over all a small problem
Lol. Yes. Thank you. Like. Thumbs up.
Traveler's Mom likes this.
post #19 of 59 (permalink) Old 06-15-2016, 07:50 AM
Knighted Member

They are doing this on every site they own. At least two others that I'm a member of. I will not comply so I guess I'll be out of here.

Say goodbye to your advertising dollars.

Bear, Anna, Molly, Ossie, and The Countess Lisl von Schlaf

An Unhappy German is a Sour Kraut!
post #20 of 59 (permalink) Old 06-15-2016, 08:19 AM
Banned

Hackers here would use your password here - not to post something silly here, but to get into your email account. Your email account is easy for them to hack if you open mail sent to you that has a hacking tool embedded in it. That's why they tell you never to open suspicious email but just delete it.

Once they get into your email, they look for account numbers, c cards, bank accounts, soc sec #'s from insurance policies etc. You'd rather risk that happening than give up you "fluffy" password?

When a site requires all members to change their passwords, it's usually because one or more members did get their account broken into. Last month, a member here reported that they believe this happened with their account.....

It has always been recommended that everyone change their passwords on every online site at least once a year as a standard safety procedure. Just write the new one down on a sticky note and stick it on your monitor frame until you get it memorized.... It's no big deal.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page