New site look and software upgrade Feedback Thread - Page 2 - German Shepherd Dog Forums
 88Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 212 (permalink) Old 04-12-2016, 10:58 AM
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhczth View Post
I changed my setting to remove the awful side bar, it goes away, but the minute I go to another page it is back. Also hate the colors. So stark and very hard for me to see. That sidebar, though, is AWFUL and a terrible design choice.

Yep. Agree about the sidebar and the colours. Hard on the eyes.
I haven't tried to remove it yet. I guess it has a purpose when you are posting on a thread and at a glance want to go to other thread, but other than that it is redundant to have it there when you are viewing the active topics main page (new posts).

I do like that the avatar pics are bigger

Plus my window to post in is pushed over to the left, not centered on my screen.

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion. - Unknown

Last edited by GatorBytes; 04-12-2016 at 11:02 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 212 (permalink) Old 04-12-2016, 11:04 AM
Banned

The gray bar with the arrow controls opening or closing the sidebar.

My old XP doesn't like the flying ads. Sounds like it's going to take off. Just switched to my Avast safezone browser and no more pop ups.
post #13 of 212 (permalink) Old 04-12-2016, 11:12 AM
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stonevintage View Post

My old XP doesn't like the flying ads. Sounds like it's going to take off. Just switched to my Avast safezone browser and no more pop ups.

I had clicked that, but only the threads went away, the area was still there.

I just edited through the user CP. Better without the sidebar, but as I type this post, the window and everything else (smilies etc.) are all pushed over to left of my screen. Big blank other half

Can this be fixed? This is most annoying
MineAreWorkingline likes this.

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion. - Unknown
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 212 (permalink) Old 04-12-2016, 11:14 AM Thread Starter
Administrator

Quote:
I changed my setting to remove the awful side bar, it goes away, but the minute I go to another page it is back. Also hate the colors. So stark and very hard for me to see. That sidebar, though, is AWFUL and a terrible design choice.
Quote:
OK, I had to log out and log back in to get the setting to work. Hopefully I don't have to do this every time I come onto the board.
Note - we are still working on the site.

The setting will stick after the next 24 hours and all backend work and updates are done.

Note you can also revert to the classic view.

Jeff M
onyx'girl likes this.
post #15 of 212 (permalink) Old 04-12-2016, 11:24 AM
Crowned Member

Getting rid of the side bar helps a lot.

Good to know we can go with the classic view if desired.
Administrator likes this.
post #16 of 212 (permalink) Old 04-12-2016, 11:25 AM
Banned

Lol... Summer likes her job guarding the search box. She says "Thanks" and she'll guard that box real good!!
post #17 of 212 (permalink) Old 04-12-2016, 11:25 AM
Crowned Member

Oh and on the banner, dare I say, how about a WGSL and ASL.....
post #18 of 212 (permalink) Old 04-12-2016, 11:26 AM Thread Starter
Administrator

Quote:

@Stonevintage - are you still using Windows XP, that could cause some speed issues since it is a pretty old version.

FYI they have not supported it for two years so it could cause issues.

Dead OS walking: Windows XP still powers 181 million PCs two years after support ends | PCWorld

Jeff M
post #19 of 212 (permalink) Old 04-12-2016, 11:37 AM
Banned

Yes, I'm running this computer into the ground. For us XP diehards... Avast is still supporting and when running in Safezone (their browser) - no problems or issues with this new site format (but it won't work for some things like watching video). I know that google chrome is stopping support for XP this month also, so those of you with the dinosaur computer operating systems may want to look into Avast. I'm hoping mine will limp along till the end of the year.
post #20 of 212 (permalink) Old 04-12-2016, 12:02 PM Thread Starter
Administrator

Quote:
Yes, I'm running this computer into the ground. For us XP diehards... Avast is still supporting and when running in Safezone (their browser) - no problems or issues with this new site format (but it won't work for some things like watching video). I know that google chrome is stopping support for XP this month also, so those of you with the dinosaur computer operating systems may want to look into Avast. I'm hoping mine will limp along till the end of the year.
10-4....

I was unaware of Avast.

Jeff M
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page