Mobile App changes coming - Page 2 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-03-2015, 05:06 PM
Crowned Member

Hello, I use an Ipad 4.3 version..never updated it because I understood it. Will these changes affect my Ipad, and will I still be able to get into the forum? Thank you.

"There is a lot to be thankful for if you take the time to look. Example.. I am sitting here thinking how nice it is that wrinkles don't hurt!". Author Unknown

Enjoy
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-04-2015, 11:42 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunflowers View Post
I hope you will remove the steps we have to go through right now to get out of the "Enhanced mobile view."
For those who like to view the forum in desktop format, it is incredibly annoying to go through these extra steps every time we want to check into the forum on our phones.
When you exit the enhanced mobile view a cookie is placed on you phone to block the enhanced mobile from showing up. The cookie should last for a month or until you clear you cookies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debanneball View Post
Hello, I use an Ipad 4.3 version..never updated it because I understood it. Will these changes affect my Ipad, and will I still be able to get into the forum? Thank you.
Nope it should not affect how you view the site. We will just be adding a new app option to the site.

~ Danniella
post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-04-2015, 12:00 PM
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Administrator View Post

Nope it should not affect how you view the site. We will just be adding a new app option to the site.

~ Danniella
Thank you.

"There is a lot to be thankful for if you take the time to look. Example.. I am sitting here thinking how nice it is that wrinkles don't hurt!". Author Unknown

Enjoy
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-04-2015, 12:27 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debanneball View Post
Thank you.

No problem : )

~ Danniella
post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-11-2015, 03:29 PM Thread Starter
Administrator

Hello everyone!

Here are the links to the new apps.

Apple App Store
https://itunes.apple.com/ca/app/petg...983373217?mt=8

Android App Store
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...opify.petguide

Give it a go and let us know what you think.

~Kay
post #16 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-26-2015, 04:20 PM
Banned

How do we get old app? I have free version of old app. Want to get paid. But now it's gone.

New app is no good. It crashes like the browser version on every refresh. Prob less stable than browser.
post #17 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-26-2015, 04:27 PM
Banned

Also I have seen many threads complaining about mobile web version. Was really hoping for something better for the mobile app.

Does anybody even use mobile view, on web.. Anyone who posts for a while seems to end up exiting mobile view. I don't know why you would use same template for the app

Old app was a lot more stable.

Last edited by WesS; 05-26-2015 at 04:29 PM.
post #18 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-27-2015, 09:20 AM Thread Starter
Administrator

The older apps will be discontinued by the end of the month so it will no longer be available for download.
As for the mobile version, it was implemented because Google will penalize any sites that does not have a mobile friendly versions of it.

What mobile device and operating system are you experiencing the crash on? It seems to work fine on my end with my Nexus 5.
~Kay
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page