Updated Smartphone Feedback Thread - Page 2 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 29 (permalink) Old 09-04-2014, 11:48 PM
Knighted Member

I'm sorry I have to agree with the others. I don't like it. It's not as intuitive. There is no active topics, which is what I typically use. I don't like browsing through forums to find hot topics.

The posting is easier on this form it appears though.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 29 (permalink) Old 09-05-2014, 12:12 AM
Elite Member

It really sucks like others have mentioned. But at the same time it probably satisfies the advertisers requirements, that's what counts in the end

Gnash von den Sportwaffen IPO3x2, AD, HOT
Brimwylf Creasy BH, HOT

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #13 of 29 (permalink) Old 09-05-2014, 12:33 PM
Crowned Member

Tried to use it again today, beyond annoying. I'll find some other site to read during lunch and breaks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 29 (permalink) Old 09-05-2014, 12:35 PM
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigel View Post
Tried to use it again today, beyond annoying. I'll find some other site to read during lunch and breaks.
You can still read the original site, can't you? I haven't tried, just going by his description.

Also, the petguide mobile app is amazing. That's all I use. Try it
post #15 of 29 (permalink) Old 09-05-2014, 01:19 PM
Crowned Member

Second the petguide mobile app.. it is pretty awesome..

BUT I didn't actually find myself hating this new update to the site like most. But I have also only used the petguide app so this is the first time accessing the site from my phone.

I am with everyone who wants "Active Topics" added, though I think that might be covered under "Latest" in the menu. I clicked on that and it seemed to list all the threads in active topics. I'll have to play around with it more, but it doesn't seem that terrible to me. I have an S4 too and it didn't load slowly for me.

v/r,

Whitney
and
Commander Charly Titan (GSD)-15 Jan 2010
post #16 of 29 (permalink) Old 09-05-2014, 04:08 PM
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyoung2153 View Post
Second the petguide mobile app.. it is pretty awesome..

BUT I didn't actually find myself hating this new update to the site like most. But I have also only used the petguide app so this is the first time accessing the site from my phone.

I am with everyone who wants "Active Topics" added, though I think that might be covered under "Latest" in the menu. I clicked on that and it seemed to list all the threads in active topics. I'll have to play around with it more, but it doesn't seem that terrible to me. I have an S4 too and it didn't load slowly for me.
I could get use to some changes, but having the reading window scaled down to about an inch of the phones 3.5" (est) width makes reading/scrolling a pain. Anyways, I finally managed to get the 3 horizontal bars on the left side of the screen to open up and give me the option to exit "enhanced view" now I'm able to use the desktop version again, so its all good....

Last edited by Nigel; 09-05-2014 at 04:13 PM.
post #17 of 29 (permalink) Old 09-06-2014, 07:39 AM
Knighted Member

I'm not happy with it either....I can't find active link,when I'm working and only have a few minutes I always use that. I'm going to try the ap I guess and see if I like ot any better. It does seem slower to me...
post #18 of 29 (permalink) Old 09-06-2014, 08:21 AM
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksotto333 View Post
I'm not happy with it either....I can't find active link,when I'm working and only have a few minutes I always use that. I'm going to try the ap I guess and see if I like ot any better. It does seem slower to me...
On my phone there were 3 short white bars on the upper right and another on the left Side. The one on the left will open a window with the option to exit that view. The bars on the left are only on some pages, sorry, can't remember which. I tried to touch the bars initially and got nothing to open, they looked almost off the page a bit compared to the one on the right. I tried again later multiple times and it finally opened the window.
post #19 of 29 (permalink) Old 09-06-2014, 11:18 AM
Elite Member

Tried again and not too bad...I like that you can pick the view...either mobile or desktop view ty!
post #20 of 29 (permalink) Old 09-06-2014, 11:49 AM
Knighted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigel View Post
On my phone there were 3 short white bars on the upper right and another on the left Side. The one on the left will open a window with the option to exit that view. The bars on the left are only on some pages, sorry, can't remember which. I tried to touch the bars initially and got nothing to open, they looked almost off the page a bit compared to the one on the right. I tried again later multiple times and it finally opened the window.

thanks for the tips...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page