My 4 month old German shepherd is supposedly product of a neighbors chocolate Lab too - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-11-2015, 01:27 PM Thread Starter

My 4 month old German shepherd is supposedly product of a neighbors chocolate Lab too

My 4 month old German shepherd is supposedly product of a neighbors chocolate Lab too-image.jpgI'm not sure if that is entirely true since I see no lab traits in him either . Mom was purebred and there I think was a male breeder on site but some how the lab broke in and hopped the fence and got ahold of her too . So I have no idea . I thought she said he was chocolate German shepherd which I can see but I don't see any lab in him I wonder if they are related . Oh and I also was told he was a runt and he is 4 mths and huge but those ears are big and cute . I hope someone can put some idea as to what he is as help? Having trouble figuring how to add photos but I'll try . Plus he has short hair?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-11-2015, 01:46 PM
Crowned Member

since there is question NO papers should be issued.

go back to breeder with a DNA kit from DDC for a parental confirmation --- 4 , just to be sure . Cheek swab for your pup , one for the dam, one kit for the swab of the male GSD possible and cheek swab for the wandering chocolate Labrador .
You will then get results , just like on Jerry Springer or Maury Povich on which one , if either is the sire of the litter . One will be excluded , the other will/may be included.
Doesn't look like a purebred though.
At the same time if you you may get a kit specific for DM testing .

DDC https://vetdnacenter.com/dna-tests/canine-dna-testing/

Carmen

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by carmspack; 10-11-2015 at 01:50 PM.
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-11-2015, 02:13 PM

OMG is he ever cute, lol.
I'm kind of in the same boat, mom is PB GSD and Dad is a fence hopper, however I don't think a Chocolate Lab is the culprit since his ears are up...like Carmen said only a DNA test will tell for sure...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-11-2015, 02:14 PM
Crowned Member

I wouldn't spend $ on DNA kits... unless there is another neighbor with a boxer, doberman, pharoah hound or ridgeback. that's a gorgeous pup but i highly doubt dad was a gsd or the lab. just enjoy your pup!!

TILDEN: Male: Blk/Red LHGSD: DOB: 12/24/06 65lbs of Love
KEYSTONE: Male: Sable: DOB: 2/11/13 55lbs of Go!!!!!
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-11-2015, 02:15 PM
Crowned Member

I don't see lab, either. Maybe Boxer... If the lab was able to jump the fence, all the dogs in the neighborhood could have done so, too.
But he is super cute and has his ears up. Enjoy your pup.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Norden von Narnia (Hans) DOB 1-15-12
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-11-2015, 02:29 PM Thread Starter

I don't know if that is an expense I can afford at this point . We got him and really looked for a German shepherd , due to the desire for a loyal and intelligent buddy we could love and feel safe and protected by. I just really was surprised when one day we looked at him and his ears were sticking up high as a kite and have since not gone down. I thought they were funny. I also saw photos of his siblings 2 silver and the others Black and Tan and him . My father had a silver one growing up and loved him but we are all a bit confused by his background I know very little about dogs except I had a chocolate Doberman years ago and a Pomeranian , so I don't know what other than I had really hoped to have a bond with an intelligent companion we could have security of knowing his genetic traits because of the simple fact I don't know what to expect from him and I have a toddler I was just curious if there were any ideas off hand of what he might be . Weird but those ears are unmistakably German shepherd
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-11-2015, 02:39 PM
Crowned Member

What a cute pup! Does it truly matter what he is, you will love him just the same? What is his name? Enjoy

"There is a lot to be thankful for if you take the time to look. Example.. I am sitting here thinking how nice it is that wrinkles don't hurt!". Author Unknown

Enjoy
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-11-2015, 02:41 PM
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fodder View Post
I wouldn't spend $ on DNA kits... unless there is another neighbor with a boxer, doberman, pharoah hound or ridgeback. that's a gorgeous pup but i highly doubt dad was a gsd or the lab. just enjoy your pup!!
this isn't a "dna" kit which will tell you the pup is a mix of shiba inu , poodle, schipperke and Neapolitan mastiff -- not a guess the breeds thing

this is paternity , maternity . 99.9% accuracy

Carmen

post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-11-2015, 02:56 PM Thread Starter

My 4 month old German shepherd is supposedly product of a neighbors chocolate Lab too-image.jpg
Yep he's cute thanks , I just want to know what to expect you know especially since he's around my toddler and myself I hoped to get a German shepherd since his siblings were Black and Tan and silver so I know his mommy was purebred and his daddy ???? I appreciate all input . He's very loyal and attached already to us he looks like scooby do[ATTACH]Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	773
Size:	69.8 KB
ID:	323881[/ATTACH]
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-11-2015, 03:04 PM
Knighted Member

Agree with Sunflowers - I see boxer!

Ash

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page