PANDA shepherd????? - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 50 (permalink) Old 01-28-2012, 11:54 AM Thread Starter

PANDA shepherd?????

Have ypu ever seen a PUREBRED gsd that is 35% white, and the rest is black and tan, and has mo white gsd in its ancestry?
Phenom Shepherds - Genetic Panda Info
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 50 (permalink) Old 01-28-2012, 12:06 PM
Knighted Member

..............I really don't know what to say. A 'breeder' marketing this 'rare german shepherd' to make money.

SG S-Hunter vom Geistwasser CA CGN TT ATD (Service Dog, Retired Airport Wildlife Control K9)
Zenna vom Geistwasser NTD

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 50 (permalink) Old 01-28-2012, 12:09 PM
Crowned Member

I dont agree with people purposely breeding pandas but I do find them attractive.

Lauren

Sinister ~ black male GSD 3.11.09
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 50 (permalink) Old 01-28-2012, 12:20 PM
Master Member

I think they are fairly cool looking, but to me they don't look like a GSD at all. Just like a border collie mix. Really makes me mad seeing people purposely breeding for this!

" If you think dogs can't count, try putting three dog biscuits in your pocket and then giving Fido only two of them"
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Starting the search for my next family member!

Danielle
post #5 of 50 (permalink) Old 01-28-2012, 12:34 PM
Crowned Member

yuck. It is one thing not to cull a dog due to aesthetics, but to show them?

Heidi Ho, Odie
Joy-Joy, Bear Cub, Hepsi-Pepsi
Cujo2, Karma Chameleon
Ramona the Pest, Kojak -- who loves you baby?
Tiny Tinnie, Susie's Uzzi, Kaiah -- The Baby Monster.
post #6 of 50 (permalink) Old 01-28-2012, 12:48 PM
Crowned Member

Panda is a genetic mutation. there was one person on there that had one but I don't see her on anymore.

My understanding is that this is not the first time a "panda" has popped up in a litter but they were always killed before.
post #7 of 50 (permalink) Old 01-28-2012, 01:24 PM
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by selzer View Post
yuck. It is one thing not to cull a dog due to aesthetics, but to show them?
I don't think everyone looks at them and says "yuck", but putting that aside, if she can show them, why not? I mean really, what's the harm?

Culling or hiding away a dog like what we now know as the Panda doesn't help anyone. Might as well study them and learn something new about genetics, DNA etc. if you can.
post #8 of 50 (permalink) Old 01-28-2012, 01:32 PM
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiteshepherds View Post
Might as well study them and learn something new about genetics, DNA etc. if you can.
If a Panda is a genetic mutation from a German Shepherd, does that then make it a new independent breed?
post #9 of 50 (permalink) Old 01-28-2012, 01:49 PM
Crowned Member

Pandas look like dogs you see down at the shelter. To me they look like mixed breeds. Like a Husky x GSD or something like that. Never really cared much for them from the pictures I've seen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jax08 View Post
If a Panda is a genetic mutation from a German Shepherd, does that then make it a new independent breed?
I don't think so. Isn't dwarfism a genetic mutation? A dwarf GSD wouldn't be considered a different breed.
post #10 of 50 (permalink) Old 01-28-2012, 01:53 PM
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiteshepherds View Post
I don't think everyone looks at them and says "yuck", but putting that aside, if she can show them, why not? I mean really, what's the harm?

Culling or hiding away a dog like what we now know as the Panda doesn't help anyone. Might as well study them and learn something new about genetics, DNA etc. if you can.
I am not saying "yuck" with regards to the dogs themselves, but the idea of showing them.

Why not? If your breeding program was producing dogs with two tails, are you going to take them out and show them? I see you have white dogs. I do not have anything against white dogs, they have been around since the beginning. And white dog fanciers have made a place for themselves in the UKC and were accepted to show them, etc.

I see this as different. I am not completely convinced that this happened out of pure GSDs. But even if it did, the idea of breeding for this is repulsive, that is what is yuck.

Heidi Ho, Odie
Joy-Joy, Bear Cub, Hepsi-Pepsi
Cujo2, Karma Chameleon
Ramona the Pest, Kojak -- who loves you baby?
Tiny Tinnie, Susie's Uzzi, Kaiah -- The Baby Monster.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page