Worried about my pup's ears not standing up - Page 2 - German Shepherd Dog Forums
 4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-29-2019, 03:15 PM

If ears were damaged by sleeping next to the sides of a crate, none of us here would have dogs with standing ears!

Relax. Your pups' ears are doing better than most. Stop worrying.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-29-2019, 03:34 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sebrench View Post
Hello and welcome! Cute puppy! 8 weeks is still really early to worry about his ears not coming up. They can go up and down until he is done teething. His ears look like they have some lift already. My inclination is to think they will go up. Have fun with him and take lots of pictures!

Thank you thank you!

Yeah, I have no reason to believe, other than the possibility of damage happening, that his ears won't go up, his pedigree is tied to lots of GSDs with great backgrounds, thank you for making me worry less!
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-29-2019, 03:35 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pawsed View Post
If ears were damaged by sleeping next to the sides of a crate, none of us here would have dogs with standing ears!

Relax. Your pups' ears are doing better than most. Stop worrying.
Thanks a lot! I was thinking the exact same thing!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-29-2019, 06:12 PM
Crowned Member

Welcome to the forum......hopefully all your fears will be allayed about your good looking pup's ears.....but it took at least 4 years for my own ears to stand up......

As far as a couple of my GSD's ears......I recall getting a bit nervous when they weren't standing after X amount of time......but eventually they did just fine.

Enjoy your GSD's puppydom.....it's a fleeting moment that seems like an eternity at the moment........

SuperG
Sabis mom likes this.

Hündin 32CACT, 2334CSAT, 2016 GAA 2.85
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-29-2019, 10:29 PM Thread Starter

Thank you for the positive reinforcement!! Also, I forgot to mention a major thing, the first day we got him home, my mom decided to show him to her friend and she was stroking his ears, I don't think "crumpling" was involved but needless to say, we told her that it was a bad thing to do. Is this something I should be worried about? 😞
post #16 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-29-2019, 10:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunacy View Post
Thank you for the positive reinforcement!! Also, I forgot to mention a major thing, the first day we got him home, my mom decided to show him to her friend and she was stroking his ears, I don't think "crumpling" was involved but needless to say, we told her that it was a bad thing to do. Is this something I should be worried about? 😞
I think this is similar to the crate-sleeping thing. If petting a pup's ears really damaged them, then almost no one would have GSD's with fully erect ears. I'm sure they'll be just fine!

-- Judy

Yazzy the feisty GSD ~ Jan 6th, 2019

Waiting in Heaven:
Mira the goofy Doberman ~ Dec 1st, 2007 - June 2nd, 2018
post #17 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-29-2019, 11:11 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judy Untamed View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunacy View Post

I think this is similar to the crate-sleeping thing. If petting a pup's ears really damaged them, then almost no one would have GSD's with fully erect ears. I'm sure they'll be just fine!
I'm sorry for worrying so much! You guys have all reassured me more. I will be posting updates and such just for you guys. I worry about a lot of things, my doctor called me a "chronic worrier" because I thought I had diabetes when it was really just carpal tunnel syndrome, needless to say, I lost a lot of weight from exercising and a good diet when it all turned out it wasn't anything to worry about. Off topic there but yeah, thought it'd be funny to share that. 🙂
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page