What dog (mix) comes in these colors? - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-19-2008, 08:31 AM Thread Starter
Knighted Member

What dog (mix) comes in these colors?

I was at the Brewton, AL Humane Society tuesday and they have this really cool looking dog that I've never seen the likes of. They may have a pic up by now on the web site. It is a large dog, sort of reminds me of an Anatolian Shepherd, but it is black and silver/gray brindle. If I didn't have a houseful of dogs I'd probably have adopted it just because it's so unique looking. Seemed like a sweet dog, just very unusual color. It's at the same shelter as Ken the WGSD.

Dawn M. Knight
Montgomery AL 36107
Helping Shepherds of Every Color

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-19-2008, 08:40 AM

Re: What dog (mix) comes in these colors?

http://www.akitacentral.net/images/c...verbrindle.jpg

???

i dont really understand your question, but thats what came to mind when you described those colors.

TILDEN: Male: Blk/Red LHGSD: DOB: 12/24/06 60lbs of Love
KEYSTONE: Male: Sable: DOB: 2/11/13 60lbs of Go!!!!!
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-19-2008, 09:30 AM
Elite Member

Beautiful Akita!

Went to go see if the dog you were talking about was up yet. They have a dog listed as a St. Bernard that is certainly NOT a St Bernard. lol

Were you talking about this one?
http://www.petfinder.com/petnote/dis...petid=10548976
or
http://www.petfinder.com/petnote/dis...petid=10648425
or
http://www.petfinder.com/petnote/dis...petid=11119416

To many cuties!!!

Danielle

Mace, Hexe and Blackjack
Along with Charlie, Oggy and Luna the cats
Plus Chickens, Ducks, Geese and Guinea fowl!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-20-2008, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted By: KCandMace
http://www.petfinder.com/petnote/dis...petid=11119416

To many cuties!!!
this looks like the dog she's describing. you're right - i cant put my finger on the breed exactly, but i can see the anatolian resemblance. my guess tho is that its a gsd with a drop of akita. for all we know a smidget of greyhound could be causing that coloration as well.

TILDEN: Male: Blk/Red LHGSD: DOB: 12/24/06 60lbs of Love
KEYSTONE: Male: Sable: DOB: 2/11/13 60lbs of Go!!!!!
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-20-2008, 12:32 PM
Crowned Member

Send a message via AIM to DancingCavy Send a message via MSN to DancingCavy Send a message via Yahoo to DancingCavy

Brindle can be found in sighthounds, Boxers, Akitas, Dutch shepherds, and terriers. I can tell you one thing for certain: one of the dog's parents was definately brindle. Brindle is dominant over all other colors.

~Jamie~
Risa W-FDM/MF RA RL1 (AoE) CA CGC WCX

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(Risa's Blog)

post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-21-2008, 12:38 AM Thread Starter
Knighted Member

I think it is Miss Muffett. http://www.petfinder.com/petnote/dis...petid=11119416 I don't remember her looking that much GSD in the face but I really didn't look at her long. That Akita is stunning, I've never seen one that color. I've seen lots of brindle dogs but never one that color. I wish I had a place for that dog, she's just too cool looking to stay in a shelter and how in the heck do you lose a dog that color, it's so unusual it would be easy to identify. Not sure if she was a stray or not, don't remember if her paperwork was up there or not.
That's a dog I'd do a Wisdom Panel DNA test on just out of curiosity. Makes me want to donate one to them just to find out! lol

Dawn M. Knight
Montgomery AL 36107
Helping Shepherds of Every Color

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page