Boarding in Chicago - need advice - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 06-16-2008, 01:22 AM Thread Starter

Boarding in Chicago - need advice

My family and I are going to be taking our first real vacation in five years this Christmas. We are going to be going to Florida for two weeks. Because we are going to be spending most of our time doing non-dog-friendly things (like Disney World, Busch Gardens, etc.) and staying in an RV (with our inlaws) we know we won't be able to give our two year old GSD the exercise she requires. So, we decided not to bring her with us.

We don't want to have a pet sitter come to the house, because that would mean that Kayleigh would be spending way too much time in her crate or in a bathroom. Unfortunately, we can't leave her with any of our friends/family (they all have cats, small children, dogs that don't like other dogs, etc)

So, that leaves boarding. I don't want to leave Kayleigh in a place where she would be in a crate all day except for a couple of fifteen minute walks. So, I am asking for advice from you guys. Do you have any boarding places that YOU would trust to take care of your german shepherd? We live in the NW burbs, but will drive a reasonable distance to drop her off if we know she will be taken care of and exercised right.

I know we aren't leaving for six months; but this is too important to not do advance work on.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give!

Christine
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 06-16-2008, 08:35 AM

Re: Boarding in Chicago - need advice

Hi!

I got left in a learch at the last minute by a family member who was going to dog sit for us on a BIG vacation (we were going to Hawaii). My friend recommended Pals for Pups in Roselle, IL. Please check them out. It was the best thing that happened to us. Kobie now goes there every time we plan a vacation. Also, just for daycare and Yappy Hour every Saturday. They are loving, caring and the dogs play in a wonderful environment and even go down for naps in the middle of the day. It is run by two trainers Val and Patty who have been in the business for 20 or 30 years. Website is: http://www.palsforpups.com You will be glad you checked them out. My Kobie can't wait to get there!

Joanne
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page