German Shepherds Forum banner

Bo to goto new home

2K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  mom of ty 
#1 ·
I dont know if this is where to put this but i have come to a hard decision I have to let Bo my Wiem go and i am keeping Ty my GSD.
people are coming round on saturday to see him and to bring the documentation from the RSPCA to say they have been check and are ok to adopt a pup\dog. i have let them know what Bo did to my daugther and have told them alot about the breed, but i cant think of anythink else to asked them, all i know is she is a full time mother and he works they have got 2 kids. Oh i did asked what if he bite your child, his reply was he will be in training and will up the training and pup and child will never be left alone.What else can i ask them to make sure that his next home is a for ever home.
And please this is realy had for me and i am not doing this because i want to i am doing this because it is the right thing for my Bo.

#2 ·
I AM PROUD OF YOU AND THINK YOU ARE MAKING THE RIGHT DECISION for your family as well as Bo.

And I also glad you didn't wait too long but realized you were overwhelmed and needed to take a step back to get more in control.

With Bo as a single dog in a family, will only benefit him and he'll have ALL the love, focus and attention!!!

#3 ·
I agree. Hard as it is, I'm sure, I think this will be the very best thing for everyone. I think you'll get a feeling from these folks when you meet them whether or not you are comfortable letting them take your pup. Perhaps they will stay in touch with you and send you pictures and e-mails about how he's doing.

Best of luck. Let us know how it goes, and keep US updated on Ty's progress. We'd all welcome the opportunity to offer any advice and experience in puppy-rearing. It can be tough!

#4 ·
Lots of questions to ask.

Do they have a fenced in yard?
If not, will the dog always be supervised outside?
Would he be left tied out alone? (Bad idea with any dog)
Will they be utilizing a crate?
Do they currently have a vet?
Do they have a vet reference?
Can they afford routine vet care?
Do they have experience with high energy dogs?
How often will he be exercised?
Do they rent or own?
Are they permitted to have dogs on the property?
Are they aware that they have to train the child how to behave around the dog as well as train the dog how to behave around the children?

Find a rescue website -any- and look at their adoption applications....lots of great questions.

#5 ·
So sorry you have to do this. Sometimes the hardest decisions to make are the ones that are painful. Reichsmom had some good suggestions for questions and hopefully this will work out to benefit Bo and everyone wins.

#6 ·
Truly sorry to learn of the situation Bo put you in. I had to put me Weim down this last summer due to an aggressive type of cancer. It has been a rough year for me as I constantly see Ghost images of him working the fields. I will always remember him as first one to the door with his docked tail going a mile a minute as I approached. It is a breed that will test your will but wants nothing more to please his/her master...

Best wishes from across the pond!

Dave

#7 ·
I think Bo knows, he keeps looking at me and wanting more cuddle where ever i am so is he , Why is this SO hard to do? i know i am doing the right thing and i am listerning to my head not my heart, i just keep on thinking about when he bit my girl and pull her of the chair and when she was crying it was Ty who was by her side trying to kiss away her tears and all bo was trying to do is grad her again. I know Bo can and is a good pup but in the right hands.
and thank you all for your suport, i have found lots of question to asked but still 50\50 on contract on getting him neutered or can i not do that?

#8 ·
Just to let you all know Bo has find a forever home, He would not leave them alone when they came in, The man sat on the floor and Bo made him self at home trying to sit on his lap, and i also siad about getting Bo neutered and he said he had planed in doing that.
I still feel that i have let Bo down but i know i have found him a very good home, Ty has not left the front door where he knows thats where bo go's out for walks and then come back again. I dont know what to do with him i have tryed playing with him but all he dose is lay there looking at me then the door so i just call him a good boy and leave him.

#9 ·
It will take Ty a while to adjust to Bo being gone. I would take him somewhere special, do some training, etc. Now you have to make yourself as fun and interesting as Bo!

I am glad Bo found a good home. Please call to check on him in a few days. That will make you feel better!

#10 ·
Ty is runing around and playing like Bo was never here, Phoned Bo's new owner last night and he as been playing in there 39ft garden and sleeping on his daddys lap eating and drinking well they said that they will email me some photos of him which i am very happy about
Also he has said hello to there 8 week old kitten which went very will.

#11 ·
Quote:Ty is runing around and playing like Bo was never here, Phoned Bo's new owner last night and he as been playing in there 39ft garden and sleeping on his daddys lap eating and drinking well they said that they will email me some photos of him which i am very happy about Also he has said hello to there 8 week old kitten which went very will.
YOU did what all responsible dog owners should do and look what happened!!!! You now have 2 happy dogs in 2 happy homes! Who could ask for more!

#12 ·
Had to phone up Bo's new mum and dad, Ty was sick and there were worms 2 of them found out they were round worm but not sure which one so i had to tell them that they should take him to the vet and then they should go to see the doctor just incase. they said Bo had not been sick but had a bad tummy then he thank me but im sure he was
with me he said that he's been cleaning up after him for that last 2 days.I keep saying sorry and if i had known i would never had let them take him but i didnt know.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.