Is it wrong? - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-19-2008, 10:16 PM Thread Starter
Elite Member

Is it wrong?

Is it wrong that I take so many pictures of my GSD's and post them, and treating them like they are my children?

I'm asking this because on my profile (not on this site) I have about 12 pics of them, and everyday I get strangers to contact me and telling me that I'm wrong for it and that dogs aren't humans and should be treated as animals.

I don't have kids, so I do give them all my attention...Maybe I should back off of that or something?

~Jennifer
Mom to Elle and Emma!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-19-2008, 10:21 PM
Elite Member

Re: Is it wrong?

I don't understand what could possibly be wrong with that...I don't have kids either and all I have is pics of my dogs...no one has ever said anything to me about it..
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-19-2008, 10:27 PM

Wow, I have like 500 pics of my dogs on my website (thousands on my external hard drive). I am a terribly responsible pet parent and have referred to my vet as our pediatrician. He has become a good and valued friend. I made a commitment when I brought home Samson (and when Allie was still alive) and will see that commitment through.

I don't have children but love our friends and family's kids. I just prefer our GSDs.

I just ignore people who think they know better. God gave this life to ME. Oh, and the sign on my website says, "A spoilt rotten dog lives here." And he does.

Deirdre
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-19-2008, 10:28 PM Thread Starter
Elite Member

Yeah, I really don't get it either, I mean if they were bad pics I could understand, but there not, every pic I have posted on the profile has been posted here before.

I think sometimes that people just get jealous or something...But who knows!?!?

~Jennifer
Mom to Elle and Emma!
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-19-2008, 10:30 PM Thread Starter
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted By: DeirdreWow, I have like 500 pics of my dogs on my website (thousands on my external hard drive). I am a terribly responsible pet parent and have referred to my vet as our pediatrician. He has become a good and valued friend. I made a commitment when I brought home Samson (and when Allie was still alive) and will see that commitment through.

I don't have children but love our friends and family's kids. I just prefer our GSDs.

I just ignore people who think they know better. God gave this life to ME. Oh, and the sign on my website says, "A spoilt rotten dog lives here." And he does.
I can imagine that sign is adorable!!!

~Jennifer
Mom to Elle and Emma!
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-19-2008, 10:42 PM

Deirdre
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-19-2008, 10:51 PM
Crowned Member

My mom gives me grief about it b/c I photograph my pets on a daily basis (along with other things like nature, random objects, what I'm doing...). I just tell her, "well mom, if I ever give you a grandbaby, think of how many pics you'll have then!!"
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-19-2008, 11:11 PM
Crowned Member

I have more pics of my dogs than I do my own child!

My kid gets irritated if I follow him around with the camera. The dogs don't care so they are always my "test" sujects when I'm trying a new setting on the camera or just all around bored.

I don't see anything wrong with it. Who cares what anyone else says!!

~Lisa owned by

Annabelle (4 1/2 y/o GSD)
Maiya (4 y/o GSD)
Jaeger (9 month old GSD)

post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-19-2008, 11:16 PM
Knighted Member

I dont mind saying Sarge is a huge part of our family, he gets treated like hes our son, he goes where we go and hangs out with us all the time. Inside or outside, Sarge is right there. My kids are grown and moved on now. I wish they were half as well behaved when they were little as sarge is...lol

If im going to visit and find out sarge is not welcome...I dont go!!! If I cant bring sarge...then you come and see me!!! lol

"Money will buy you a pretty good dog, but it won't buy the wag of his tail."

post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-20-2008, 12:15 AM
Knighted Member

I think some people just don't get how important our dogs (horses, cats) are to us. They have never had a relationship like that with an animal, and I feel badly for them. My life is so much fuller because of them, and if I want to have a thousand pictures of my horses and my pupster then if somebody doesn't like it they don't have to look. But don't say it's wrong, because it isn't.
What are the people who are telling you it's wrong passionate about? Their STUFF?

Oh, and I DO have kids. I love my kids with everything I have. Having said that...The animals who enrich my life give me back some of what my kids suck out of me every day. Hope that does not sound too harsh. Just the truth.

Lisa
Owned by:
Lucina v Dare, GSD
Fancy Me Deuce (Tedy) APHA gelding
Purple Haze Nirvana AQHA mare
Trooper rescue kitty and senior fur kid
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page