big dog versus little dog - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 34 (permalink) Old 04-15-2008, 08:10 PM Thread Starter
Crowned Member

big dog versus little dog

I've tried to write about this several times today...each time I give up. Without getting into all the details, Shiloh (my 5yr old LCGSD)...how do I even word this??? My neighbors two pugs came into my yard-Shiloh got one. Shiloh won, the pug lost big time. The neighbor (who I've fought with for years now) has been going around the neighborhood with pictures of her pug with tubes hanging out it saying 'this could be your CHILD' and asking people to sign a statement that Shiloh is vicious and should be put to sleep.
Shiloh is in no danger whatsoever when it comes to this, although I now live in constant fear for my dogs and what the neighbors might try to do. Don't worry I am taking lots of steps to protect my babies.
The issue I think I'm having is dealing with the poor little dog that got hurt syndrome. Does anyone have any ideas on how to best address this???
Now everyone knows where I've been over the past week+... this has completely consumed my life.

Rosa

Mom to;
Shiloh, 8.5 year old LCGSD
Shoshona, 7.5 year old LCGSD
Eli, 5 year old LCGSD

Every dog deserves to have a human that thinks they are the greatest dog that ever lived!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 34 (permalink) Old 04-15-2008, 08:17 PM
Knighted Member

Re: big dog versus little dog

Wow, sorry to hear this Rosa. I don't have any advice, just good wishes.

"Precious declaration reads yours is yours and mine you leave alone now." Collective Soul
post #3 of 34 (permalink) Old 04-15-2008, 08:26 PM
Knighted Member

How did the dog get into your back yard in the first place. Sarge took out a very large pit bull that wondered into our backyard while my wife had him out. Im not sure what his intentions were but it ended up in a big knock down drag out fight. The pit gave it up and left and sarge stayed with my wife.

Later I saw the pit across the street with a gal who worked at an animal hospital. It had one of those big cone things on it. ( it wasnt their dog) So I walked over and said man, what happened to him. He had a big rip on his shoulder and it was stapled closed, looked like maybe 20 or 25, he had other nicks and marks and had a tube sticking out of the wound.

Get a new dog I ask, they had like 6. Nope she says he was on my porch when I came out, he looked like he had been in a fight so I took to the hospital and they fixed him up for free. Im rehabing him now.

Good for I said as I slipped back across the street.

"Money will buy you a pretty good dog, but it won't buy the wag of his tail."

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 34 (permalink) Old 04-15-2008, 08:46 PM
Crowned Member

Your neighbor is a grade A jackass.

Sounds like your neighbor is spreading libel/slander. Sue or not, but somebody here broke the leash law AND the common sense law. Do lots of training with your dog in the front yard so the whole neighborhood can see how nicely trained your dog is, enlist young relatives to help (to dispel the "your kids could be next" idiocy), and do everything you can to make your dog a model citizen. That will make your neighbor look like the village idiot.

Be sure to cruise your yard regularly for any signs of poisoned food. I would not discount this possibility. Do not ever let your dog out alone and unsupervised. I'm sorry this happened, but your dog was defending its turf and your neighbor was (is) a fool. The dogs always lose the most, though.

Renji - 6 y/o M GSD x chow rescue

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"German shepherd dog breeding is working dog breeding or it is not German shepherd dog breeding." -v. Stephanitz
post #5 of 34 (permalink) Old 04-15-2008, 09:07 PM
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted By: DianaMYour neighbor is a grade A jackass.

Sounds like your neighbor is spreading libel/slander. Sue or not, but somebody here broke the leash law AND the common sense law. Do lots of training with your dog in the front yard so the whole neighborhood can see how nicely trained your dog is, enlist young relatives to help (to dispel the "your kids could be next" idiocy), and do everything you can to make your dog a model citizen. That will make your neighbor look like the village idiot.

Be sure to cruise your yard regularly for any signs of poisoned food. I would not discount this possibility. Do not ever let your dog out alone and unsupervised. I'm sorry this happened, but your dog was defending its turf and your neighbor was (is) a fool. The dogs always lose the most, though.
what she said. except I'd use more foul words for the idiot and her little dogs.

-Jenn

Venus of Crooked Creek 1/26/13
Otto von Hena-C 05/23/08
Morgan Donnermond 08/04/01 to 9/28/12 Long Live the Queen!

I have duct tape and I am not afraid to use it.
post #6 of 34 (permalink) Old 04-15-2008, 09:26 PM
Elite Member

Send a message via AIM to Powell

Sue them.

Powell
post #7 of 34 (permalink) Old 04-15-2008, 09:30 PM
Elite Member

I totally agree that your neighbor is a total jackass!!

Here are my thoughts:
The neighbors dog entered your yard so therefore I don't think you are at fault - they are. Shiloh was doing nothing more than defending her terriotory. And, I doubt that pug will enter Shiloh's turf again. I would fight this fight with this neighbor as the day is long! They can't make you put your dog down just b/c they sign a petition. I would have their ass in court so fast! So, fight fire with fire! I know that is easier said than done since this person is your neighbor ...

I'll be thinking about you and keep us posted ...

GSDgirlAL-Proudly Owned by:

Ava - GSD
DeeJay & Shelby - Beagles
Cooper - Golden Retriever
post #8 of 34 (permalink) Old 04-15-2008, 09:45 PM
Elite Member

Send a message via AIM to Powell

Yeah, libel and slander come to mind.

Powell
post #9 of 34 (permalink) Old 04-15-2008, 10:04 PM
Master Member

I am so so sorry you are going through this. I feel for that poor pug too. IT WAS AN UNFORTUNATE ACCIDENT. Your neighbor is a total ass.

Michelle
Ava (6 yr old boxer)
Mia (4 yr old Brussels Griffon)
Quincy (GSD 10/03/07)
post #10 of 34 (permalink) Old 04-15-2008, 10:07 PM

I am so sorry that happened. My neighbors are scared of our GSD, and afraid of their child's safety. He is a two year old 90 lb GSD. I would mention to the police, just to have it in a file, what you might suspect, if anything should happen, God forbid. He was defending his property, your neighbor was wrong to let his dogs come into your yard, like it has been said, he broke the leash law. But I know from experience, that having a GSD is much different than having a Lab. Our Lab is so friendly with all dogs and people.

Another thing, when we are not at home, he stays in a run, it is big enough for a big igool and a doggie lounger, it has a cover on all sides so that he is comfortable. And I also lock it for his protection, I don't trust anyone, and I would not put it past for someone to let him out, and report us.

Don't let this get you down, your neighbor is an idot, must not have much of a life.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page