Blue Kong? - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-12-2008, 08:30 PM Thread Starter
Crowned Member

Blue Kong?

Who uses a blue kong? How does it compare to the black kong? For dogs that can tear apart a black kong, does a blue kong last longer? I like how the rubber supposedly shows up very nicely on xray film but I'd like to know if anyone can confirm that the blue kong is stronger and tougher than the black kong.

http://www.elitek9.com/Kongs/index.htm

Renji - 6 y/o M GSD x chow rescue

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"German shepherd dog breeding is working dog breeding or it is not German shepherd dog breeding." -v. Stephanitz
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-12-2008, 09:03 PM

Re: Blue Kong?

Can't answer about the blues, my girls who can shred a Wal-Mart "heavy duty" toy in seconds have yet to barely put a mark on the reds, let alone the blacks.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-12-2008, 09:07 PM Thread Starter
Crowned Member

We have a black and despite heavy chewing, it's still in "new" shape even though that 55 lb fluff of mine destroyed a jolly ball in five minutes and chewed chunks off his orbee. I don't trust the reds, though. My family has a beagle (ok, 18" at shoulder so he is a bit of a mutant) who would have demolished his red kong if it weren't taken away in time. I'm also asking this because one of the K9 sheriffs visits with her PSD at work and we've gotten to talking about toys and he has obliterated every single toy he's had, and black kongs only take him a few minutes. We were talking about the blue kongs but neither of us knows how much stronger a blue kong is compared to the black.

So here I am, turning to the pros.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"German shepherd dog breeding is working dog breeding or it is not German shepherd dog breeding." -v. Stephanitz
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-12-2008, 09:14 PM
GT
Master Member

If by blue you mean the blue/white marbled looking Kong, that's the puppy Kong - so it's probably less durable than the red "classic" Kong. The black Kong ("Extreme Kong") is meant for the strongest chewers.
The purple/white marbled Kong is for the seniors, lol. One for every generation!

“Saving just one dog won't change the world… but, surely, the world will change for that one dog” ~ unk.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-12-2008, 09:16 PM Thread Starter
Crowned Member

GT, look at the blue kong in the link I've posted. It's a new one and it's solid blue and supposedly very tough! And stretchable... which is a bit strange... never thought of a kong as a Stretch Armstrong..

post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-12-2008, 09:24 PM
GT
Master Member

I've never seen those!! Wonder if they're available up here? Time to do some research and go shopping. Thank you for that link - I'll let you know what I find out.

“Saving just one dog won't change the world… but, surely, the world will change for that one dog” ~ unk.
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-12-2008, 09:45 PM
Crowned Member

why isn't it listed on the kong website?
http://www.kongcompany.com/worlds_best.html

Looks like it's made by a different company?
http://www.bio-serv.com/newcatalog/e.../kongblue.html

Anne

Nothing is as simple as it seems or as complicated as we make it~

Attitude is everything -- Pick a good one!
Sofie AKA Ussina vom Haus Brezel
Jack von Jagenstadt
Tatty - Burmese bad cat

post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-12-2008, 09:46 PM
Elite Member

Our dogs will chew threw the red ones but don't even leave marks in the black one so I can't answer that either.
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-12-2008, 10:09 PM Thread Starter
Crowned Member

If it's not *made* by Kong, I think it is *licensed* by Kong. Otherwise, I'm sure the company would have been sued by now since the toy has "KONG" molded onto it.

post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-12-2008, 10:30 PM
Crowned Member

I honestly can't answer your question BUT I'd think if it were as strong, or stronger, than the black Kong they'd say so in the ad. They claim it's 25% stronger than the red Kong which isn't as strong as the black Kong.

Other ads I found for the blue Kong (using Google) claim it's 25% stronger than Kong dog toys normally found in pet shops. Of course the ads don't say if you regularly find the red or black Kong in pet shops???

Why don't you call the Kong company and ask. For aggressive cheweres it's a good idea!!!

Gayle, Faith, Ledgie, Scooby
At the Bridge: Andy, Abbey, Tasha, Tex, Echo, Yukon, JR, Too, Niki, Bo, Ringer, Kelly, Honey, Mac, Slider & Bruiser
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page