Who Lets Their GS's .... - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 70 (permalink) Old 04-10-2008, 04:55 PM Thread Starter
Elite Member

Who Lets Their GS's ....

Who lets their shepherds on the furniture & on the bed to sleep with them?

Why do you let them?

I never let mine on anything but their dog beds and blankets.
I don't want hair on where I am sitting or sleeping. Plus I think it helps with training. I have to have some rules....LOL

I am just curious to see what you all have to say about this.

Sherri & the 6 Holy Terrors...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"In a perfect world, every dog would have a home and every home would have a dog. SL"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 70 (permalink) Old 04-10-2008, 04:57 PM
Crowned Member

Re: Who Lets Their GS's ....

My dog will sneak up onto the bed with us once we are asleep.
We'll wake up very bunched up because he has spread out all over .... then he gets booted again.

He's not allowed on our furniture, but when we get home from work we sometimes find hair on the couch. Now I pile stuff on it before I leave in the morning!

A truly rich man is one whose children run into his arms when his hands are empty.
--------------------------------------------------
Maxwell's Silver Hammer GSD/Dobie X

post #3 of 70 (permalink) Old 04-10-2008, 05:02 PM
Elite Member

i never used to, except when i was feeling sad, luc could come up and sleep with me. but he's such a mild, submissive dog, he always sleeps with me now. (BUT....i let the cats out at night while teagan is crated. if mitch gets up on the corner of the bed b/f luc is in it, i have to pick up mitch b/c luc is scared of him (3 legs, no teeth....ROAR) and won't get up on the bed unless i pick him up. that's my big guy.

teagan is allowed up on the stuffed chair in the window, b/c she loves to look out the window, and i think it's better for her hips to have something soft to sit in while she does. if i want to sit there, she knows she has to move.

sometimes if my bf and i are watching a movie on the bed (tv is in my room), teagan is allowed up w/us, b/c luc is, and it doesn't seem fair to leave her down.

nobody is allowed on the couch.

Teagan RIP
Luc 15.5 yo GSD
Neb, husky/terrier/lab? X, DOB 18.4.2008
Xerxes, beagle, ~3yo
Cats Mitch RIP; Lear RIP; Esme RIP; Timothy and Cordelia
Nikolai & Eco the bunny couple extraordinaire RIP
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 70 (permalink) Old 04-10-2008, 05:03 PM
Elite Member

Well, it has been different with each one. Our first two were allowed everywhere! They were our babies before we had kids.
Our third was not allowed on our bed but the couch was ok.
And with these two pups neither! OK so KC gets on the couch now... I am trying to break her of that but she sees Titan up there and wants to sleep with him. I might loose this battle for the couch. I have a leather couch so it is easy enough to keep clean.

Danielle

Mace, Hexe and Blackjack
Along with Charlie, Oggy and Luna the cats
Plus Chickens, Ducks, Geese and Guinea fowl!
post #5 of 70 (permalink) Old 04-10-2008, 05:03 PM Thread Starter
Elite Member

LOL thats to funny!!!

We use to have a rotty that would do that and we could never catch her in the act only saw the indentation and hair!!

Sherri & the 6 Holy Terrors...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"In a perfect world, every dog would have a home and every home would have a dog. SL"
post #6 of 70 (permalink) Old 04-10-2008, 05:04 PM
Crowned Member

If permitted on the bed or furniture, Grimm would decide world dominion and supremecy was his alone as "Supreme Happy Tyrant of the Doggiverse."

Patti
Frauchen von:

Grimm van den Heuvel, aka "The Doofinator"
My strong-minded, very loving boy
post #7 of 70 (permalink) Old 04-10-2008, 05:07 PM

I live alone with Freyja. My "fur"niture is her furniture. LOL The chair, the couch, the bed. The reason for this is I need the physical contact with her. I need the love and cuddles. It goes as far as if I'm at my parents or grandparents home, half the time I will sit on the floor with her to cuddle. The only time its not allowed is when I'm eating.

proudly owned and loved by

Freyja -

always and forever
from this life to the next
post #8 of 70 (permalink) Old 04-10-2008, 05:13 PM
Master Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Helly

No pups on the furniture or bed....we will occasionally get a cat on the bed, but only if its cool....one cat does sleep with our 10 year old.

Jackson~~2/18/2008 - 1/28/2010
forever in my heart
post #9 of 70 (permalink) Old 04-10-2008, 05:19 PM
Knighted Member

Send a message via AIM to butterfingers

I don't allow any of the dogs on the furniture at all. That doesn't mean they don't sneak up there sometimes and I do give Charley some leeway since he's small and sometimes needs to get away from the bigger dogs.

Marti
The Kitties: Jake, 9, and Zoe, 2
The Dogs: Charley the Cocker Spaniel, 4, Gunner the GSD, 1, and Delilah, the GSD, 2

post #10 of 70 (permalink) Old 04-10-2008, 05:22 PM
Knighted Member

In sure some have seen Sarges pics of him curled up on the end of the loveseat. That love seat is in front of the window. Sarge loves to see out the window so thats kind of his spot. Having said that he can also be found laying on the couch between the wife and I getting his pets in.

He doesnt want to be on the bed all night but he likes to say goodnight so he jumps up and lays between the wife and I and we talk to him and pet him for a few minutes. Then he allows us a few hours sleep before we feel that cold nose in the morning that says....hi there, i have to go out now.

He's a very well behaved dog so I dont see any problem with it from a training standpoint, as for the hair, all my clothes have dog hair most of the time so im used to it by now.

"Money will buy you a pretty good dog, but it won't buy the wag of his tail."

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page