kennel license/registration transfer? - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-09-2008, 12:57 AM Thread Starter

kennel license/registration transfer?

Well i currently live in MI, i am moving to MT this weekend. Does anyone know if i will be able to tranfer their registration or do i have to get new ones?

Also, how does kennel licenses go i was confused by their pricing. I have never had to get one. Their limit is 2 dogs! I have 4. Two spayed and two not.
do I have to pay a registration fee per dog and THEN the yearly fee...

I found their pricing guide but i am still unsure. Can someone help me figure out what i need to pay??
http://www.greatfallsmt.net/public_notice/petfees.htm

Thank you so much!!!

Kita---GSD
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Charlie-- GSD

RIP : 5-20-07 - 5-24-08 We miss you girl!
Elli--- GSD
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-09-2008, 01:07 AM
Crowned Member

Re: kennel license/registration transfer?

If I am reading their website correctly, you would have to pay the registration fee for all four of your dogs - $15 each for the annual license for your two altered dogs, and $30 each for the annual license for your two unaltered dogs. Then, on top of that, you have to pay the MAP (Multiple Annual Permit), which is $25 for a year, or $50 for the lifetime.

That would mean you'd pay $90 for the dog licenses and $25 for the MAP every year, or $90 for licenses annually and $50 for the MAP as a one-time "lifetime" fee.

If you're planning to breed, you'd have to pay for the Hobby Breeder Permit instead of the MAP, but on top of the licenses, and that would be $300.

I don't think you can transfer their registrations.

Malinois Ronja - fastest K-9 in VT
=^^= Finn, Ratchet & Ollie

-
-

post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-09-2008, 01:21 AM Thread Starter

yeah. thats how i figured it out to be. I wasnt totally possitive though.

Kita---GSD

Charlie-- GSD

Elli--- GSD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-09-2008, 07:51 AM
dOg
Elite Member

Yikes! Big sky, big fees!

post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-09-2008, 04:58 PM Thread Starter

well we called on of the vets out their and techinally we are living in Fairfield, Mt and she told us we didnt need it. YAY!!! That helps so much. All we need is registrations. I am thinking about getting them microchipped. Do you need to register them even if they are microchipped??

Kita---GSD

Charlie-- GSD

Elli--- GSD
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-09-2008, 05:53 PM
Crowned Member

I'm glad you don't have to pay that extra fee.

They do need to be registered, even if they are microchipped. The registration the city or county is talking about is not so much about returning your dogs if they get lost, but about generating revenue for the area. Part of the registration fees they get each year pays for their animal control program. It's also a way for them to make sure your dogs have their rabies vaccine, since that is required in order to get your license, and it makes it easier for them to return your dog to you if it is picked up at the side of the road, for example.

Malinois Ronja - fastest K-9 in VT
=^^= Finn, Ratchet & Ollie

-
-

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page