Pup mill - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-06-2008, 04:29 PM Thread Starter
Master Member

Send a message via AIM to mkennels Send a message via Yahoo to mkennels
Pup mill

I know of a pup mill here in VA in Ferum, reason I know is my brother got a great dane pup from this person and I and my mom went to pick it up, only reason we got it was what dogs we did see was healthy, well fed, she had shot records, dewormings, but she would not let us see the dogs you can hear them, she had a bunch inside, and a bunch outside, it is 3 people and she told he she had 50 dogs plus puppies and she goes to the internet and gets dogs that is $100 or so and don't matter if they have 3 legs or 4 she said, she has so many so she don't breed every heat, she didn't own the parents of the pup but own the brother to the pups dad. I have her address if anyone wants to do something about this for I have no clue on what to do, but she said she knows it is sad but she lives off the money she gets on her dogs the dane was $200 she had a chi she wanted 500 for trying to get me to buy it (nope I said don't need a little dog) but I didn't know where else to post this on here, she knows shepherds she said she did a show many years ago but hadn't since for it was too political.

Janet
UKC CH Mystical Talyn D'Argo, TT, OFA H/E, CERF, AKC DNA
UKC CH Gretchen Julika Little Star, TT, OFA, Cerf, AKC DNA
Von Hornberger's Mystical Knight, TT, CERF, AKC DNA, OFA
Ranita's Heavenly Angel R.I.P 9/15/07-10/15/08

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-06-2008, 05:06 PM
Crowned Member

Re: Pup mill

The best thing to do would have been to NOT get the pup because of all those other dogs and because she refused to let you see them. The best way to stop a miller is to hit them where it hurts- their wallet.

Call Animal Control, they may or may not be able to do something depending on how they are in your area. You can also try the local media. After Oprah's show on puppy mills, they may be willing to bite onto this miller to capitalize on what Oprah started.

Renji - 6 y/o M GSD x chow rescue

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"German shepherd dog breeding is working dog breeding or it is not German shepherd dog breeding." -v. Stephanitz
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-06-2008, 05:25 PM
Crowned Member

If the dogs have food, water and shelter and she has a kennel license I'm sure animal control can't and won't do anything.

The only way this is going to stop is if people stop buying dogs from these places! If there's no market then it's not economically viable to own and breed that many dogs. That means more education needs to be done!

Ruth & the 4 Legged Rescue Gang

Rafi the malaroo

Gio & Varda, the krazy kittens
....In my heart:
Cleo Kitty
Chama
Kai
Basu
Massie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-06-2008, 05:38 PM Thread Starter
Master Member

she isn't in my area she was 2 hours away from me and they all appreared to be healthy not one was lacking food and not one was ungroomed/matted that we could see, she had some running up in her windows that was long haired and they were fine, what my mom could see was big kennels the 10x10x6 with tops do not know how many she had or how many dogs in each one but mom seen some. I don't don't see how one can care for so many

she didn't own the mom or sire, she said she gave the mom to a friend that bred her and in return she got two pups back one she kept and one she placed with my brother

Janet

post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-06-2008, 05:57 PM Thread Starter
Master Member

ok I went and looked on pet-abuse.com and she was on there, I sooo wished I looked on there before next time I will before I let a family member get something, she was convited of animal crulety last year, so I contacted them and gave them all the info she told me and what I have with her address and everything and hopefully I will get a response or hear something, if I do I will keep this forum posted,

Janet

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page