German Shepherds Forum banner

Brand new pup, what do you think she is?

1K views 9 replies 9 participants last post by  sebrench 
#1 ·
Hi guys, I’m new here.

I just brought home a 3 month old girl pup who looks like she has some German shepherd in her.

She is a rescue from a reserve and the parents were never seen.

I’m not sure if she is a GS or a Belgian Malinois.

Her tail seems to be pretty long but again I’ve never really met any German shepherd pups before. She is basically all beige in colour with just a black nose/face and on her tail.

Let me know what you think she is. She is 3 months and weighs in At 18.5 pounds.

Photos attached. One of the photos is her with my 9 month old golden retriever.

Any guesses are appreciated!

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
Looking at these pictures I am positive that the dog is 100% cutie pie! I love the color on both ends as well. I have to tell you it can cost a few dollars but I did the Doggie DNA and have a few friends who did as well. My boy is 100% GSD but I have friends who found out their dogs were nothing close to what they had imagined based on general features. That last picture OMG! That is the definition of puppy dog eyes. Help me I am melting from the cuteness! I guess your golden just left out of that super puppy cute phase and you just needed a bit more puppy time. lol I do not blame you!

#5 ·
Adorable!!! I definitely see GSD. Mali's usually have a thinner head even as pups. There are a lot of breeds than can create the super cute look you have here :) Black Mouth Curs, etc.

One piece of advice- with a 3 month old and 9 month old research Littermate Syndrome and how to avoid it. It doesn't always happen but when it does it is a PIA! I had a 9 month old pit mix when my 5.5 month old GSD arrived. He got too doggy over him so I had to crate and rotate for a while. They can get obsessed with being near each other easily when they are this age. They dont have to be litter mates to experience it.

#8 ·
Thank you guys , and I will look into littermate syndrome.

I will consider a DNA test a bit later ( I think it’s just under $100) but would be worth it , she is just a foster for now but I have a feeling I will end up keeping her lol
If I do I’ll for sure get her tested to see what she got in her.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.