Petfirst Insurance - German Shepherd Dog Forums
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Jchrest

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-30-2019, 06:41 PM Thread Starter
Master Member

Petfirst Insurance

Does anyone have petfirst insurance? When we did the final adoption on Floki, it came with the 30 day free trial, which is quickly coming up. Is it worth it to keep it, or do they not do payouts? They did wave the waiting period for both preexisting conditions and one other one I can’t remember, because I extended the plan. I have yet to send in any of Floki’s vet bills yet, so I don’t know how they are with payoff.

Anyone have personal experience with them?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-02-2019, 06:29 PM
Crowned Member

Never heard of them, but that is just me. Healthy Paws seems to have a good rep. Might want to check them out.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-02-2019, 09:13 PM
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jchrest View Post
Does anyone have petfirst insurance? When we did the final adoption on Floki, it came with the 30 day free trial, which is quickly coming up. Is it worth it to keep it, or do they not do payouts? They did wave the waiting period for both preexisting conditions and one other one I canít remember, because I extended the plan. I have yet to send in any of Flokiís vet bills yet, so I donít know how they are with payoff.

Anyone have personal experience with them?
I am bored waiting around for a hurricane

https://www.petfirst.com/wp-content/...Simplified.pdf

They do not cover pre existing. The best plan pays up to 10k a year.

After a 12-month wait period, your pet is also covered for:
Intervertebral Disc Disease (IVDD)
Anterior Cruciate Ligaments
Medical Cruciate
Posterior Cruciate Ligaments
Cranial Cruciate Ligaments
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-03-2019, 10:08 AM Thread Starter
Master Member

Thank you for the info! Hope all goes well and it’s downgraded to a TS before it gets to you. My boys are in Jacksonville FL, and their house got about 2 inches of water on the ground floor, still windy and raining nonstop! Let us know how you are doing!
huntergreen likes this.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-03-2019, 10:35 AM
Elite Member

Quote:
Thank you for the info! Hope all goes well and it’s downgraded to a TS before it gets to you. My boys are in Jacksonville FL, and their house got about 2 inches of water on the ground floor, still windy and raining nonstop! Let us know how you are doing!
Thanks, so far pretty calm here, I think it will pass soon. Florida may not get it to bad. Hope they have flood insurance. Regular home owner insurance does not always cover flooding from water. They need to read the policy if they own the property. All depends also if its an official Hurricane. Different things kick in on the policy.

And I wouldn't get that Petfirst. Its pricey when you lower the deductible and make the % to 90. Healthy Paws is a better deal.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-03-2019, 11:13 AM Thread Starter
Master Member

Their dad was an insurance adjuster for a restoration co that specializes in natural disasters for 15ish years before he went to full time property flipping, so I’m assuming they have great insurance. If not, he knows who to call for the restoration! Lol. They live right on the bay, so an already full body of water, add in some crazy wind speeds, and nonstop rain during hurricane season, and bam, flooded house.

I’ll look into healthy paws, thank you!
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-03-2019, 04:44 PM
Elite Member

Quote:
Their dad was an insurance adjuster for a restoration co that specializes in natural disasters for 15ish years before he went to full time property flipping, so Iím assuming they have great insurance. If not, he knows who to call for the restoration! Lol. They live right on the bay, so an already full body of water, add in some crazy wind speeds, and nonstop rain during hurricane season, and bam, flooded house.

Iíll look into healthy paws, thank you!

Than they must be in a flood area and have to get it so it should all be good. So many people for Sandy didnt get paid for the basement floods. Its just passing us now slowly. We didn't get much, it will hang around a few more hours. I hope they do not get hit either.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page