Decorative Crate Recommendations - German Shepherd Dog Forums
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-22-2019, 01:59 PM Thread Starter

Decorative Crate Recommendations

Been searching high and low for a good quality crate thatís a piece of furniture. I have already returned two. One in the $200 range and the other $400 because I know heís gonna bust out or chew it up pretty easily. Right now I have a really solid wooden crate that is for a medium dog in my bedroom. He loves it. Got it off Facebook but heís only got a few more weeks in it as heís growing fast. The crate in my bedroom was and is meant to be temporary.

My other crate is large and is the cookie cutter ugly cage in my great room. The wooden crates are so expensive. I really donít want to drop a grand on a crate, but I will if I have to.

Anyone have some good experiences with some furniture type crates?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-22-2019, 02:09 PM
Master Member

I chose a very pretty felt that matched the rest of the decor colors, and covered the wire crate with that. We then got a good piece of butcher block, and stained it very very dark, and sealed it. This is on top of the wire crate, and acts as an end table in our living room. Most people don’t even realize it’s a crate until we let a dog in or out. Not super duper fancy, but it really does blend in with the living room as a piece of furniture. And it’s not as expensive as buying one that is built into an table.
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-22-2019, 02:17 PM

That crate sounds like a great idea Jchrest. Can you share a picture of your design?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-22-2019, 02:24 PM

I have ugly crate in the living room woes as well. That sounds like a great idea for a crate Jchrest. Is there any way you can share a picture of your creation?
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-22-2019, 06:02 PM
Elite Member

You might try a friend or company that does custom woodwork/custom cabinets, may be a little more expensive or not, but maybe the quality would be longer lasting?
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-22-2019, 07:14 PM

these look gorgeous. I'm haven't dared look at the price

https://kennelandcrate.com

about.me/car2ner
Patton CGC BH
Chief fetch fanatic

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-22-2019, 10:41 PM

I did something similar to what Jchrest did when we had a crate in the living room.It was just a pair of curtain panels
that matched the wall color, crossed in a + shape draped over the crate.Used it as a sofa table behind the furniture.

Terri

Samson Blk/Slvr GSD. RN
Misty Husky Mix
Z-Z Terrier/potato mix
Devo Yorkie Mix at the bridge
Dakota Wht GSD at the bridge
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-23-2019, 12:22 AM
Crowned Member

In The Company of Dogs has furniture style crates.
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-23-2019, 03:40 AM Thread Starter

Thanks for all the ideas and recommendations. @car2ner, those are very nice, they start at a grand, ouch. We are thinking about trying this one:

https://express.google.com/product/N...153338788343_0
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-23-2019, 05:08 AM
Crowned Member

I really love the fancy crates I had one the largest is not that big for a large male but large. It is inexpensive. The photo does not do it justice. Really was a beautiful peace in the house I loved it. Max did chew his way out he was 8 month. I do want to get another one I keep one set up in the dining room. Now that they are older. Tired of looking at the big crate. I just use it to dry off after they are bathed or beached. It looked like cherry wood. Again photos do no justice and was reasonable compared to some other decorative crates.
https://www.overstock.com/Pet-Suppli...urce=Pinterest

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page