Malinois Walks Tightrope Blindfolded! - Page 3 - German Shepherd Dog Forums
 9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-20-2019, 07:30 AM
Crowned Member

[QUOTE=Dunkirk;9171395]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenny720 View Post
This is the video of these dogs scaling a house. Some pretty awesome and intense dogs. Crazy fast to.
https://youtu.be/orAGU04T0rc

This would be useful for when my dog's frisbee ends up on the roof of my house[IMG class=inlineimg]/forum/images/Germanshepherds_2016/smilies/tango_face_devil.png[/IMG][/QUOTE

It sounds like they could be a good size business lol!
sebrench likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-20-2019, 10:01 AM

Special dog- I wouldn't do this but maybe I couldn't train it anyway! It just looks really hard on the joints to me. Mentally for the dog I see no issues. My dogs love a challenge, when we are hiking there are some rock faces I try to lead them around and mostly they won't have it and just go up or down without me seeing where they got a foothold.

The thing that worries me is the jump down- hard on the joints for any living creature.
post #23 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-20-2019, 07:24 PM
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonRob View Post
Excellent point. Imagine falling blind as you're desperately flailing around trying not to fall and being unable to see so you can try to adjust your landing to minimize the damage. A fall like this from even a few feet could result in broken bones or a broken neck if you land at a bad angle. Anyone here want to try it for themselves?
Hold my beer! Outside of a disability or being physically out of shape it shouldn't be that difficult for a human. Not with two lines anyways.

As for the dog, he knows exactly where the ground is and how to bail out safely should the need arise, that's something he's probably already done a few times working up to this point during training.

This is not an average pet owner doing tricks, it's a K9 officer and his partner. If the end result makes them more prepared for whatever they encounter then I don't see a problem with it. Now if you'll excuse me I have to go finish packing my dogs parachute for the weekend jump.
Jenny720 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page