Anyone in Canada Purchased a TransK9 Kennel? - German Shepherd Dog Forums
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By ausdland

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-16-2019, 11:23 PM Thread Starter
Master Member

Anyone in Canada Purchased a TransK9 Kennel?

If so, what was your experience with the process?

I am likely purchasing a new male sport prospect in September. I already have my 2 yo girl and I will still be taking her to club as well. Unfortunately I have a smaller SUV and I'm a stickler for keeping the back seats up since they don't fold flat anyways, so a TransK9 B34 kennel looks like the perfect fit for me space wise in my RAV4. I was considering two Large RTK's, but I don't think they will work long term... plus they are still almost half the cost of the TransK9 box. I don't want to do the Variocage because I want to be able to take the kennel in and out of the back if necessary.

Thanks for any help!

The world would be a nicer place if everyone had the ability to love as unconditionally as a dog.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Kona
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
2017/03/19

"Ryka" Joule von Wendelin
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-16-2019, 11:54 PM
Crowned Member

38 inches wide, so with the divider in thats 19 inches? Thats kinda narrow for a full grown male to be able to turn around. I'm not sure about that being wide enough.

Doc

post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-18-2019, 02:10 AM Thread Starter
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Strom View Post
38 inches wide, so with the divider in thats 19 inches? Thats kinda narrow for a full grown male to be able to turn around. I'm not sure about that being wide enough.
At most I can only fit 22" for double width, regardless of length. The large RTK's have maybe 18"? So no matter what I do crate wise, it will be a narrow fit unfortunately if I want to keep them separate.

The world would be a nicer place if everyone had the ability to love as unconditionally as a dog.

Kona
2017/03/19

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-18-2019, 09:55 AM
Elite Member

I have the B17 for my Outback, it's 38" wide and came with the divider which I took out. No way I'd try to make my 62 lb dog squeeze into half that space. If I were you, had to keep that car and had to transport 2 GSD's I'd crate one in the back and one in the back seat.
Sabis mom likes this.

Yana

post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-18-2019, 07:13 PM Thread Starter
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ausdland View Post
I have the B17 for my Outback, it's 38" wide and came with the divider which I took out. No way I'd try to make my 62 lb dog squeeze into half that space. If I were you, had to keep that car and had to transport 2 GSD's I'd crate one in the back and one in the back seat.

Iíve been considering that, but Iím not sure which crate would be the appropriate size while still fitting through my rear passenger doors.

Kona
2017/03/19

post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-18-2019, 07:49 PM
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Femfa View Post
Iíve been considering that, but Iím not sure which crate would be the appropriate size while still fitting through my rear passenger doors.
One of those wire crates that unfolds. If I get a second GSD I'm taking my back seat bottom cushion out, building a 3/8" plywood platform and attaching one of those wire crates to it.

Yana

post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-19-2019, 11:15 AM
Crowned Member

I don't know about a RAV4, but I know in a Journey two plastic crates fit side by side in the back. I like them because they are light and easy to take out and move around. You could consider a divider across the back and then build something to put between the dogs.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-19-2019, 05:16 PM Thread Starter
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabis mom View Post
I don't know about a RAV4, but I know in a Journey two plastic crates fit side by side in the back. I like them because they are light and easy to take out and move around. You could consider a divider across the back and then build something to put between the dogs.

Unfortunately the way they changed the rear end has made it impossible to put two crates side by side facing the door. In the older models it was possible because the hatch door wasnít sloped oddly, but my 2016 canít even fit a 36Ē if it isnít in the back sideways.

I did test out unfolding my 36Ē wire crate in the backseat and that does fit if I have it folded and then open it up in the back seat. Itís not perfect, but it works. So I think that will be the most reasonable option. I could do a VarioGate, Vario divider, and back seat mesh cover, but itís pretty over the top and thereís no guarantee they wonít eat the back of my seats. I also donít like that the dogs could get at each other between the divider if I did it that way.

Itís probably my only option right now because I did just get this vehicle three years ago, so I donít really want to trade it in. I might end up just eventually having a custom crate made where I can have less height but more width by putting the crates above the wheel well to actually get about 25Ē width each.

Kona
2017/03/19

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page