Water Bottles - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-31-2019, 03:17 PM Thread Starter

Water Bottles

I am wanting to purchase a new water bottle to take on our long walks. Preferably with some sort of dish/lid for our Shepherd to slurp out of. Also with a way I can attach it to belt. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-31-2019, 05:01 PM

I hike all the time with dogs in Colorado and carrying water is a must. This isn't exactly what you were asking for but I've had great success with it.

Sling for a water bottle:

https://www.amazon.com/Carrier-Adjus.../dp/B076JGFNPL

Collapsible dog bowl:

https://www.amazon.com/Agecash-Colla.../dp/B06XQXNB5R

You just hook the bowl to the sling using the carabiner. You can get any water bottle you like that fits into the sling. Water on belt would be kinda awkward and heavy in my experience. You can drink out of the bottle yourself and pour it into the bowl for the dog(s) as needed. I actually like the smaller diameter bowl so you don't waste water filling it up to a dog-drinkable level.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-31-2019, 06:51 PM
Elite Member

In the warmer months, I carry 1 litre of water and a collapsible bowl in a lightweight, drawstring canvas backpack. I think you would find a bottle of water banging against you as you walk annoying. Although my dog prefers drinking straight from the bottle, I have a collapsible bowl as well, to limit water waste, so we don't run out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-31-2019, 07:49 PM
Zombie Queen Moderator

I bought this for my dogs to carry on searches and they love it. No bowl necessary I just squeeze it into their mouths! Very limited water waste

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Nancy

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-NAPWDA Certified Cadaver Dog

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- Partner in Crime
Waiting at the Bridge: Grim (NAPWDA), Cyra, Toby, Oscar, Linus, Rainbow, Arlo, & Waggles
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page