Water toy recomendations - Page 2 - German Shepherd Dog Forums
 13Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-03-2019, 12:48 AM
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Datura View Post
Those look awesome. Especially since I was getting him to go in after larger sticks last time we went, but he was losing sight of a few of them.
It says it's scented. Whats the scent lol One reason I love his ball is that it's vanilla scented. Even after almost a year of abuse, it still smells nice lol
Haha! Good question on the scent. We've had ours for 3-4 years and I don't remember it ever being scented.
Datura likes this.

Ziva 03.07.2013
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-03-2019, 12:52 AM
Elite Member

I like the chuck it bumpers they float and come in bright colors and light weight. I get the large size. They like tug but left out it can get destroyed. For some tugging and then some play and it has been tossed around in some rough oceans. I always put it away after it is for beach fun only. Some photos because I miss the water and just to show you how much use it gets during the water season. Even when the sun starts to goe down itís east to see with the bright color.
https://www.amazon.com/Chuckit-Amphi...gateway&sr=8-2

I use one of those too but they get destroyed pretty quickly.
Beautiful clean sand and water wherever that is!
Datura likes this.

Yana

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-03-2019, 07:59 AM
Crowned Member

@Datura - Florida water are absolutely gorgeous. I hope your friends dog is okay and gets out soon. Saltwater intoxication is dangerous and with a eager dog it is more so. Fresh water though is dangerous. With pools or fresh water lakes you still get- forget the name- but it is water intoxication to worry about just not salt. Every time a dog takes in water more then they produce it causes a great danger to the dog. That is why I mention anything anhthing that pools water . Oceans , pools , lakes all have different set of dangers that should be aware of. With that though anything incredible has its risks you have to be aware and be safe. Will love to see water photos! One of the favorite things to do with my dogs is to swim with them and cool off in the summer.
Datura likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-03-2019, 08:07 AM
Crowned Member

Water toy recomendations

@ausdland -yeah those bumpers are not the sturdiest if I leave out in the house they get destroyed fast. It is just why I use it as a water toy. Max knows if he ruins it the games stops there so he carries it around in his mouth like itís a baby puppy - very gently lol! THey are light anything else he would have no teeth left probably Lol! He likes to do searches in the water to and will not let it float away or go Unsearched. I think he prides himself in that. We did loose a bumper once maybe twice to the Atlantic Oceans of Long Island lol but never the bays. There are days that the water are crystal clear and even not as common green/blue and days they are dark. Truly beautiful beaches though.
Max in the milk shake - great day to hide his beloved toy. Lol!
ausdland and Datura like this.

Last edited by Jenny720; 05-03-2019 at 08:20 AM.
post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-03-2019, 08:26 AM
Crowned Member

Water toy recomendations

For all water dogs and dogs that play hard a good read! Also toys that can collect water for the dogs to swallow unintentionally are dangerous if used as a water toy. I canít emphasis that enough.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/healthy...ification.aspx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Datura likes this.

Last edited by Jenny720; 05-03-2019 at 08:33 AM.
post #16 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-04-2019, 01:05 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Springbrz View Post
Haha! Good question on the scent. We've had ours for 3-4 years and I don't remember it ever being scented.
Better than having a bad scent though I guess haha

~Melissa~
Dean the gsd
Ella the EB
Minnie the cat
Herbie the cat
Cas the baby cat
post #17 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-04-2019, 01:20 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenny720 View Post
@Datura - Florida water are absolutely gorgeous. I hope your friends dog is okay and gets out soon. Saltwater intoxication is dangerous and with a eager dog it is more so. Fresh water though is dangerous. With pools or fresh water lakes you still get- forget the name- but it is water intoxication to worry about just not salt. Every time a dog takes in water more then they produce it causes a great danger to the dog. That is why I mention anything anhthing that pools water . Oceans , pools , lakes all have different set of dangers that should be aware of. With that though anything incredible has its risks you have to be aware and be safe. Will love to see water photos! One of the favorite things to do with my dogs is to swim with them and cool off in the summer.
Yeah, he got out a few days ago. He is a working border collie, and he was going nuts being cooped up at the vets so long towards the end lol
After that I have been looking into water intoxication. I get worried about stuff with Dean really easily lol I was just stating that I don't have to worry about Salt water intake here lol
His recall isn't the greatest right yet, so he stays on a long line. I figure it will also keep him from going out to far and getting in trouble lol I am impressed with how well he has taken to the lake though.

~Melissa~
Dean the gsd
Ella the EB
Minnie the cat
Herbie the cat
Cas the baby cat
post #18 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-04-2019, 01:28 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
@ausdland -yeah those bumpers are not the sturdiest if I leave out in the house they get destroyed fast. It is just why I use it as a water toy. Max knows if he ruins it the games stops there so he carries it around in his mouth like itís a baby puppy - very gently lol! THey are light anything else he would have no teeth left probably Lol! He likes to do searches in the water to and will not let it float away or go Unsearched. I think he prides himself in that. We did loose a bumper once maybe twice to the Atlantic Oceans of Long Island lol but never the bays. There are days that the water are crystal clear and even not as common green/blue and days they are dark. Truly beautiful beaches though.
Max in the milk shake - great day to hide his beloved toy. Lol!
He looks so happy <3
Dean can be a little rough on his toys. We're working on teaching him to be gentle with his softer toys, but he acts like he is going through a second teething phase. I have had to take away all soft stuffed toys, he has been using his back teeth to quickly chew off arms and legs, and tries to swallow them. I blame puberty lol

~Melissa~
Dean the gsd
Ella the EB
Minnie the cat
Herbie the cat
Cas the baby cat
post #19 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-04-2019, 01:39 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
For all water dogs and dogs that play hard a good read! Also toys that can collect water for the dogs to swallow unintentionally are dangerous if used as a water toy. I canít emphasis that enough.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/healthy...ification.aspx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That is really good article, thank you <3 <3

~Melissa~
Dean the gsd
Ella the EB
Minnie the cat
Herbie the cat
Cas the baby cat
post #20 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-05-2019, 12:48 AM
Crowned Member

@Datura Sure! Glad your friends dog is doing well! Yeah max is on endorphin overload in that photo lol!! When I did the bark box those stuffed toys were also babied until they it was de stuffing time. The toys had smaller stuffed toys inside so the greatest surprise -better then any Cracker Jack box toy I would think lol!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page