post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-20-2019, 08:25 PM Thread Starter
Crowned Member

Heads up in Wisconsin

https://www.foxnews.com/great-outdoo...nr-reports.amp

FYI for those in northern Wisconsin.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-20-2019, 09:47 PM

That's despicable.Hope the person is caught somehow.

Terri

Samson Blk/Slvr GSD. RN
Misty Husky Mix
Z-Z Terrier/potato mix
Devo Yorkie Mix at the bridge
Dakota Wht GSD at the bridge
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-20-2019, 10:00 PM
Knighted Member

How awful.

"If there ever comes a day when we can't be together,keep me in your heart, I'll stay there forever." A.A. Milne
Karen

Tessa~GSD
Della~GSD

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-20-2019, 10:37 PM Thread Starter
Crowned Member

Excerpt from the article;
"It [the poison] was mixed in with hamburger and thrown in the woods," Cate told WPR. "Everybody’s surmising that it was put out to kill wolves."

I agree, this is the most likely reason imop. 3 counties is a lot of area to cover and poison is so indiscriminate. I feel bad for those people who lost there pets. A nice hike turns into tragedy.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-21-2019, 07:14 AM
dOg
Elite Member

pure psycho at large, no doubt.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-21-2019, 07:27 AM
Administrator

Very likely intended for wolves, and of course poison is indiscriminate and kills everything. 😞

The recent return of wolves to some areas up north is very polarizing.... and some people are lashing out.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-21-2019, 08:52 AM

It is wrong on so many levels--a cruel way to kill any wildlife, and so dangerous for domesticated animals. I pray all dog owners in or near areas affected will hear of this and keep their pets inside and leashed when out.

Maureen
Radar, Aussie/BC mix, b. 2/27/2012
Jett, GSD foster pup, b. 7/15/2018
Madison, WI
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-22-2019, 11:07 AM
Elite Member

This is horrible and I hope who ever did this is caught.

This isn't the exact same thing but I just saw a FB notice/caution that our state has put out bait blocks that contain single dosages of Rabies to deliver rabies to wildlife but it does pose a threat to dogs especially those who have adverse reactions to it. MA just revised leash only law in state conservation land but many still practice off leash.

"If you can't see his soul when you look in his eyes, then you need a seeing-eye dog"
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-22-2019, 11:24 AM
Administrator

Anyone hiking up there really needs to pay attention to what season it is, and either leash their dogs or have a hardcore proofed call-off.... Which has been the case, even before this.

A few years ago I was up that way and took my dogs hiking on backcountry snowmobile trails. It was summer, when they're generally deserted. I rounded a corner and thought I was hallucinating - found myself standing in front of a giant 3' tall mountain of donuts and cake, in the middle of the trail. Between the bear baiting, bear hunting, and uptick in attempts to poison or trap wolves, it underscores the importance of having solid training on your dog, plus being acutely aware of your surroundings....
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-22-2019, 08:55 PM
Crowned Member

Yeah this is awful very upsetting. Awhile back In my neighborhood a family’s young daughter passed away. The day of the funeral the labrador got out and was found days later in the nearby woods dead killed by a bow n arrow. You really have to have control- real life challenges can come with a price and sometimes accidents happen, unfortunately sometimes there are no room for mistakes and sometimes they are fatal. Very sad for the families who lost their pets/family members.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page