Is this middle age? - German Shepherd Dog Forums
 2Likes
  • 1 Post By wolfy dog
  • 1 Post By wolfy dog

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-19-2019, 09:36 PM Thread Starter
Crowned Member

Is this middle age?

The last 5 years I was so used to my intense Deja. She is now almost 6 years old and is starting to relax about things or call it 'getting more experienced with my routines'. For instance: normally when I come home in the evening from class, she is at the door, super happy. Lately she stays in her open crate and when I call her, she is her "old" self again. It worried me at first but there is nothing wrong with her as she is super active when I am working and playing with her. And when I ask her if she is hungry, all the craziness comes out.
Her chin is graying but her teeth are in perfect shape and clean. It is a strange realization that she is getting older. It is super easy but on the other hand I know she won't live forever. I am more mindfully enjoying her. She is my heart dog and sometimes it is plain scary to love a dog like that so much.
car2ner likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-19-2019, 10:37 PM

My Misty is 6 1/2 and slowing down now too.She's still happy and active,but seemingly more content...If that makes sense.She doesn't look longingly out of the window when the weather is horrible or get antsy like Samson does.She just takes a day off and enjoys the down time.I really don't know what I'd do without them.We'll all be old together and sort it out together somehow.

Terri

Samson Blk/Slvr GSD. RN
Misty Husky Mix
Z-Z Terrier/potato mix
Devo Yorkie Mix at the bridge
Dakota Wht GSD at the bridge
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-19-2019, 11:32 PM Thread Starter
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogma13 View Post
My Misty is 6 1/2 and slowing down now too.She's still happy and active,but seemingly more content...If that makes sense.She doesn't look longingly out of the window when the weather is horrible or get antsy like Samson does.She just takes a day off and enjoys the down time.I really don't know what I'd do without them.We'll all be old together and sort it out together somehow.
Exactly!
dogma13 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page