Griff update - German Shepherd Dog Forums
 14Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-30-2019, 04:03 PM Thread Starter
Crowned Member

Griff update

Some of you may remember me giving Griff back to the breeder in November due to a nasty shoulder condition of mine. That injury has healed pretty OK but I have to always be careful. In the meantime I developed another leg issue (Oh, the joys of living longer). I have missed that dog a lot but also knew that it was the best decision I could make. The breeder evaluated him and has trained him to be a service dog for someone with mobility issues, whose old dog can no longer work. He will be placed soon. I am happy that his life has a noble purpose. At the same time it is tough, knowing that he will leave for sure. In the back of my mind there was always hope that he could come back if something disastrous would happen to Deja. But luckily she is healthy as can be and we are doing very well together. She will always be the only dog as this is the best relationship I can have with her. Happy-ish ending and moving on....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-30-2019, 04:20 PM
Master Member

Thanks for the update!

If all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-30-2019, 04:22 PM
Crowned Member

AW! I am happy/sad for you. I started reading your thread hoping you'd say Griff was coming back to you. It is wonderful that Griff is going to serve in such a noble capacity. I'm sorry you have another leg issue. Geez! Can't get a break. Maybe when Griff retires he can come back to you and be your service dog. JK.

You did right by Griff, though it was hard. Take good care of you and Deja.

Jan
Shelby 9-2-14
Natty Boh 6-27-12
Annie 1998 - 8-2-12 RIP
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-30-2019, 04:52 PM
Elite Member

Good that hes going somewhere.
I'm surprised hes becoming a service dog. The way you described him, he sounded like he was a high drive serious working dog.
Thecowboysgirl likes this.

Snitches get stitches.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-30-2019, 05:14 PM
Crowned Member

Wait, you gave him back? How did I miss that?
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-30-2019, 05:38 PM
Elite Member

I'm glad Griff is doing well! I am sure it is bittersweet to know that his breeder has found a new home for him. It sounds like you must have given him a good foundation if he is moving on to service work!
Stevenzachsmom likes this.
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-30-2019, 06:26 PM Thread Starter
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudpump View Post
Good that hes going somewhere.
I'm surprised hes becoming a service dog. The way you described him, he sounded like he was a high drive serious working dog.
High drive doesn't rule out service animal. I am totally not surprised that the breeder pulled this off. I gave up a very good dog who could and evidently does it all. I just am not currently able to handle them both. I would have never given him up if he had been my only dog. I am happy for him that he will always be with his person. I will always cherish that dog. Life with just Deja is relaxed and safe for me.
Stevenzachsmom and CometDog like this.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-30-2019, 06:50 PM
Crowned Member

It sounds like a good opportunity for him.
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-30-2019, 08:25 PM
Elite Member

Congrats to Griff!!! Like said above you gave him a good foundation for them to work with!
I know you'll always have a place in your heart for him, and he will for you too. Hope you heal and keep on enjoying all you do with Deja! I always enjoyed having two dogs myself, but just have one now and as I get older wonder too if I'll get to have two again! We'll see!! So will you!!
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-30-2019, 08:37 PM
Knighted Member

Glad to hear it's working out well for both of you Wolfy!

It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog. Mark Twain

Tim
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page