Having fun with our pup!! - German Shepherd Dog Forums
 8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-27-2019, 07:47 PM Thread Starter

Having fun with our pup!!

We are having so much fun with Dax. She is a blast to work with. She seems big at 3.5 months?

Had a disappointing visit to the local ipo club. I dont think it will work for me, so we will have to find some other outlets. There were some nice people, but a lot of judging just made me uncomfortable. I also thought it was rude that everyone wanted to know what I paid for my pup...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20190127_161447_1548635908428.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	93.6 KB
ID:	517577   Click image for larger version

Name:	20190127_141734_1548635927615.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	474.4 KB
ID:	517579   Click image for larger version

Name:	20190127_161208_1548635945560.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	78.4 KB
ID:	517581  
Gregc, atomic and kaydub_u like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-27-2019, 09:46 PM
Crowned Member

Great looking pup.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-27-2019, 09:54 PM

Dax is stunning! My dobe mix is colored just like her. I don’t have any experience with ipo, but maybe it’s just that particular club that’s like that? Perhaps you could visit another one before writing it off completely? But I do know how you feel, I gave up showing horses because of how clicky it was and instead took up endurance racing. A wonderful sport with equally wonderful people! Unfortunately people can sometimes ruin an otherwise enjoyable thing. But they can also enhance it.

Take lots of pictures and videos every day so you can look back on these tender memories, it flies by before you know it. My boy just turned seven months and I’m found wondering where my “little fuzzy” went and who replaced him with this big shaggy dog??
kaydub_u and das1 like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-27-2019, 10:43 PM

I agree with @atomic if you are really interested in pursuing IPO then I would try one more club just to see if it is different for you, but I understand how you feel. An environment can really affect your emotions. If you were just pursuing it for something to do and you don't mind that much then there are so many fun sports! I have a pup that just turned 9 months old and we have tried a handful of different activities at our local Obedience club and we love it here. It's a great environment and in my experience classes are so cheaper and you really know the trainers love it. We have done agility, rally, obedience, and scent work. When he is older we will try other activities they offer too. Right now we are in the Canine Good Citizen class and in our second scent work class. I have to say I absolutely love doing scent work with Obi. I am only doing 2 classes at a time because it seems to keep a good balance with training and play. Being a part of a club is really fun and rewarding, I keep meeting new people during each session and I have met many judges and trainers and people and dogs that compete. I have learned so much in the 6 months I have been a part of our club and it's really fulfilling for both me and my pup, even the trainers get thoroughly happy with our progress.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-28-2019, 01:15 AM
Crowned Member

Some IPO clubs require a thick skin. As for "how much did you pay?" you can always say something like "too much" or "not enough" or "enough to cause conflict at home" or "excuse me?" You just don't need to answer most questions that you are not comfortable answering. Some clubs will have people openly offering opinions on 1) people's dogs 2) handlers 3) handler's methods --- A little like discussion boards....
das1 likes this.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-28-2019, 01:47 AM

Gorgeous pup! He looks like he enjoys working with you.

If you can't find another IPO club in your area, you might look into French Ring or Mondio Ring. My understanding is that they tend to be pretty hard core, but maybe they'd be a friendlier bunch.
das1 likes this.

-- Judy

Yazzy the feisty GSD ~ Jan 6th, 2019

Waiting in Heaven:
Mira the goofy Doberman ~ Dec 1st, 2007 - June 2nd, 2018
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-28-2019, 08:52 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by middleofnowhere View Post
Some IPO clubs require a thick skin. As for "how much did you pay?" you can always say something like "too much" or "not enough" or "enough to cause conflict at home" or "excuse me?" You just don't need to answer most questions that you are not comfortable answering. Some clubs will have people openly offering opinions on 1) people's dogs 2) handlers 3) handler's methods --- A little like discussion boards....
It was very much like this and I probably should have been better prepared.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-28-2019, 09:00 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaydub_u View Post
I agree with @atomic if you are really interested in pursuing IPO then I would try one more club just to see if it is different for you
I think IPO would be fun, but so would lots of other things. The obedience club sounds like a ton of fun so I will look around and see if there is anything like that local. There are a couple other IPO clubs, but they are both at least a 2 hour drive away which is more drive time than I want to commit to right now.
kaydub_u likes this.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-28-2019, 09:05 AM
Crowned Member

Yeah......good looker she is......as far as the " I also thought it was rude that everyone wanted to know what I paid for my pup..." ....when it comes to that question.....you might just say "twice as much as half"......

SuperG

Hündin 32CACT, 2334CSAT, 2016 GAA 2.85
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-28-2019, 09:06 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomic View Post
Dax is stunning! My dobe mix is colored just like her.

Thank you!! I have my fingers crossed that she will stay colored the way she is now. But everyone says she will get lighter. I've seen enough pictures on here to know that's a good possibility.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page