Thunder Cap for Dog Aggression? - German Shepherd Dog Forums
 2Likes
  • 1 Post By car2ner
  • 1 Post By car2ner

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-21-2019, 06:19 AM Thread Starter

Thunder Cap for Dog Aggression?

Has anyone tried this? Not sure if I can trust the mixed online reviews. Seems it must

be coupled with conditioned intense training.

My rescue has decided it's exciting to bark and act all aggressive and stupid even while

riding in the truck cab (not even close to other dogs). Her brain flies out the window

when she decides to go all dramatic. Around the farm, she's a great dog and usually

obeys and listens but out in public she's becoming a drama queen.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-21-2019, 11:22 AM

never tried one or known anyone who has. It might work in the truck, when you can't really stop and do corrections and re directions. Out on a walk it might make her even more nervous. A good training mentor who can see what happens during walks would give you the best bang for your buck.
Orphan Heidi likes this.

about.me/car2ner
Patton CGC BH
Chief fetch fanatic

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-21-2019, 11:42 AM Thread Starter

I sort of know what needs to be done on the walks. Baby steps at a far distance from dogs and work our way up

closer until she's reactive. At least that seems to be what most online trainers suggest. I can't do the training

very easily as I'm still a little
mobility challenged from a broken femur. So my adult son has been taking her out

once or twice per week on trails, in public places, truck rides, etc. He re-directs her immediately on walks,

but it's not really correcting or eliminating the behavior. But now that she's escalated to reacting from the truck cab-

when she spots a dog quietly walking w/ his owner- it's getting ridiculous. Yesterday, he just cupped his hand over

her eyes as he passed a dog and owner out walking. It worked, but that's not really a good solution.

I'm convinced she's a mix of GSD and some hard headed, obstinate breed- maybe husky. My son's 2 Huskies were

like this when they were young. Very challenging to train. Not at all like my past GSD who "wanted" to obey.

Thanks for your idea of a mentor/trainer.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-21-2019, 07:33 PM

That does make it tough, not being able to get out. I hope you heal well and quickly.

Reactivity can be tricky. That is why it is good to have someone see what happens. It is hard to see the mistakes we make in timing, etc.
Orphan Heidi likes this.

about.me/car2ner
Patton CGC BH
Chief fetch fanatic

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page