5Likes
  • 1 Post By Hellish
  • 2 Post By car2ner
  • 1 Post By Cassidy's Mom
  • 1 Post By NaughtyNibbler

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-19-2019, 11:00 PM Thread Starter

Bag O' Tricks

Wonder what people use for their "dog bag"--I don't know what it's called, but I find I need a bunch of things for my pooch:

1. bags for waste
2. leash
3. chew toy to distract teething puppy
4. treats for training
5. collapsible water bowl
6. water bottle for spraying
7. ?

Anyone know of any particularly clever solutions to carrying this stuff around? What do you folks do?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-20-2019, 12:52 AM

I got the hubby one of these for his sessions with the trainer - https://www.amazon.com/Hairy-Belly-F...nny+pack&psc=1

But he much prefers this kind - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
CactusWren likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Before you ask me anything, be very sure you really want to know the answer.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-20-2019, 07:31 AM

in the summer I wear this
https://www.duluthtrading.com/womens...est-14752.html
but if you really want cheap / free you can get a carpenter's apron from the big box hardware stores.

I only carry water and bowls on humid summer days. During winters I find a nice deep coat pocket works pretty well. My dogs are adults so I carry less treats and usually no toys but I sometimes carried both when they were youngsters. Tugs for rewarding good behavior and a treat if I needed a quick and tidy reward when there was no room for tug.

many people use this pouch. You can find it at Petco. You can toss it into the laundry. Holds up pretty well
https://www.amazon.com/PetSafe-Treat...05213246&psc=1
Hellish and CactusWren like this.

about.me/car2ner
Patton CGC BH
Chief fetch fanatic

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-20-2019, 01:08 PM
No Stinkin' Leashes Moderator

Are you carrying all those things with you when you go for walks, or is this to transport your stuff to training?

This is my favorite treat bag: https://www.amazon.com/Doggone-Good-...8006940&sr=8-3

It comes in 7 different colors and the main compartment holds a lot of treats, plus you can even fit a ball on a rope. There's an inner pocket where I drop my cell phone, and a front velcro pocket where I put my ID and trail pass. The zippered pocket on the back will fit a folded trail map, and I also keep an emergency $20 bill there too. The small side pockets will fit poop bags, a clicker, lip balm, etc, and they both have D rings to attach other stuff. You can clip it to your belt or use the one that comes with it. I've replaced the belt with a SPIbelt, which holds my keys or a protein bar. It would also fit a phone. https://www.amazon.com/SPIbelt-No-Bo...ds=runner+belt

If I need to carry water, I have a fanny pack. It holds two 24 oz Nalgene bottles, and has a small pack between them that fits a collapsible water dish. When she's old enough Cava can wear one of the two dog packs that I have, whichever fits her best. We also have a small hydration backpack by High Sierra for when we need to carry a bunch of toys for the park. Costco carries them most of the time at a very reasonable price.
CactusWren likes this.

-Debbie-
Cava 1/6/18
Keefer 8/25/05-4/24/19 ~ The sweetest boy
Halo 11/9/08-6/17/18 ~ You left pawprints on our hearts
Dena 9/12/04-10/4/08 ~ Forever would have been too short
Cassidy 6/8/00-10/4/04
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-20-2019, 04:46 PM

Great suggestions for bags/vests, etc. Don't think I could carry off the "hairy tummy" one, LOL

The main instructor with Cassie's obedience classes gives me a hard time, if I keep a larger fanny pack with me and sling it over my shoulder. I've taken to packing things in a reusable shopping bag, that I set by the sidelines. If I have pockets, I put treats in pockets during class. If I don't want to wear a fanny pack around my waist, I'll sometimes use a very tiny purse that I wear messenger bag style.

A couple of things I like to keep close at hand (to accompany the poop bag): a disposable rubber glove or two, a hand wipe or two and a paper towel. I'm always glad I have these items for a messy poop event.
CactusWren likes this.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-20-2019, 11:44 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the ideas, everyone!

I guess I do often want these things during walks. It's pretty dry here in Arizona, and I don't like my 11 week-old guy drinking out of the public dog bowls they have at some of the parks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page