Pinhead? - German Shepherd Dog Forums
 21Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-01-2018, 08:31 AM Thread Starter

Pinhead?

Does anyone think my 6 months old girl 'Jessie' got a pinhead? (head too small for her body)
Attached Images

Atreu likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-01-2018, 08:40 AM
Elite Member

No.....not at all? Why did someone say that? They do go through different growth stages..a tall and lanky one, and yes sometimes their head can lag behind and broaden later than some.

You asked in another thread why she wasn't barking at strangers yet, and then the concern about her head size...I am gathering you were looking for a dog to be your protector. Well the best way to give that its best chance is to bond with your girl, look up "relationship games" maybe do some sport with her. You need to foster the foundation of an excellent handler/dog relationship if you are going to ask them to do things for you when she matures. And don't waste energy fretting on much else
Atreu likes this.

Valor 6/3/17
CGC BH AD
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- 6/3/17
Blitzen 2/21/19

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-01-2018, 08:49 AM Thread Starter

Just asking about her head size as another GSD owner said to me that they thought her head was a little small for 6 months old
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-01-2018, 10:52 AM

Take it all with a grain of salt. There is no gauging the expertise or casualness of folks met in passing. Can't tell you how many shepherd owners we have crossed that don't know there are different lines of shepherds or the fact that shepherds DO come in all black.
Nigel, Katsugsd, johnanz and 1 others like this.

Before you ask me anything, be very sure you really want to know the answer.
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-01-2018, 10:57 AM
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellish View Post
Take it all with a grain of salt. There is no gauging the expertise or casualness of folks met in passing. Can't tell you how many shepherd owners we have crossed that don't know there are different lines of shepherds or the fact that shepherds DO come in all black.
and long coats.
Atreu likes this.
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-01-2018, 10:58 AM Thread Starter

I agree i was even told by someone that she may be a cross breed as pure GSD's are not supposed to have wavy hair on their back and bum!!
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-01-2018, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellish View Post

Wow! Some people's kids *shakes head* IMO if one is to care for an animal potentially, one should research said animal before having it.

Anyway, she looks fine to me. Like someone said previously, they go trough stages and look silly for a while just like we do when we are growing up. She is beautiful! Enjoy her
johnanz likes this.
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-01-2018, 11:15 AM
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnanz View Post
I agree i was even told by someone that she may be a cross breed as pure GSD's are not supposed to have wavy hair on their back and bum!!

My first PB GSD a friend questioned because of the wavy hair.... "GSD crossed with what?" was her question. My answer "GSD x GSD."

They come in different colors, different coat "styles", different coat patterns, different sizes.

For people offering funky opinions, rather than worry about it, perhaps you can just smile and agree with them. Takes away the argument/discussion etc. Bottom line: who cares what they think.
johnanz and Atreu like this.
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-01-2018, 11:54 AM
Crowned Member

this dog has never lied to you.

no surprises or pulling a fast one and swithching to something
you just did not expect .

what did you expect -- the typically held idea of a DDR dog?

she lacks a well developed lower jaw . Many gsd do . Even some of
the wgsl's who have a big head - some looking like Newf's .

conformational faults that need attention in the breed are weak
lower jaws, wide set ears, over size ears, loose ligaments and tendons -
and then of course the roach back in one lline, and the exaggerated
extreme angulation in another.

does she have a scissors bite ?

Carmen

post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-01-2018, 02:04 PM
No Stinkin' Leashes Moderator

In those photos, no, I don't think it looks too small. But even if it is, that doesn't mean her head won't continue to grow as she matures. Halo DID have a pinhead as a puppy and her back end seemed to grow much faster than her front end too. She went through some pretty ugly phases along the way, she was really butt high for awhile. We were very relieved when her head finally grew into her body, lol.

It's really not worth worrying about stuff like this with a 6 month old puppy. Stop listening to other people and their opinions about your dog, and just enjoy her!

-Debbie-
Cava 1/6/18
Keefer 8/25/05-4/24/19 ~ The sweetest boy
Halo 11/9/08-6/17/18 ~ You left pawprints on our hearts
Dena 9/12/04-10/4/08 ~ Forever would have been too short
Cassidy 6/8/00-10/4/04
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page