Pick Of Litter Just Over a Year Away!! - German Shepherd Dog Forums
 30Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 43 (permalink) Old 10-25-2018, 11:54 AM Thread Starter
Elite Member

Pick Of Litter Just Over a Year Away!!

I've settled on my next dog which I plan to jump into the IPO path with from the get go, with my daughter. Valor is really my dream dog, but I got him at 5.5 months and have the urge to start at 8 weeks this next go around

I have a planned litter picked. Absolute awesome pedigree for what I want. It is going to be a year plus of torture lol I'll share the pedigree once there is a confirmed pregnancy next year. I have reserved male 1st pick.

So, I need C names to help pass the time of torture. I would pick a gun name or a German name, and C is the worst letter for either one lol The only gun I can think of is Colt..and for me I like 2 syllables or longer that can be shortened for 2 syllables. And well for the last 150 years nothing German STARTS with C. The short version can't sound like Val (what I often call Valor- who is Dan Wesson Valor in entirety)

Help me out with strong C names?

Valor 6/3/17
CGC BH AD
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- 6/3/17
Blitzen 2/21/19

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 43 (permalink) Old 10-25-2018, 12:10 PM

Colt and calico are two good gun ones
post #3 of 43 (permalink) Old 10-25-2018, 12:17 PM
Elite Member

Calico?? LOL! Given that calico is most often associated with a fabric or a cat, I REALLY can't see a male dog being called by that name!

Colt is definitely a good name for a male dog, though. In addition to being a gun name, of course, it's also use to refer to a young male horse.

Edit: there's also a Cobray gun company: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_firearms#C
That's got kind of a nice sound to it, even if someone's not familiar with the company, because it sounds like 'cobra'.
wolfstraum likes this.

Last edited by Sunsilver; 10-25-2018 at 12:23 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 43 (permalink) Old 10-25-2018, 12:45 PM Thread Starter
Elite Member

Cobray is kind of cool!

Campo Giro is cool too. Spanish gun and I am half Spanish. Thanks for that list Sunsilver!

I've tried calling COLT! And it cuts too short coming out the throat. I have a Colt 45 Combat Elite too, it is my favorite.Ah well.

Anything like Calico with that "al" sound in the beginning is going to be too close to "Val" which I sometimes call Valor that.

Valor 6/3/17
CGC BH AD
- 6/3/17
Blitzen 2/21/19

post #5 of 43 (permalink) Old 10-25-2018, 12:48 PM Thread Starter
Elite Member

The designer of the Campo Giro was from Santander Spain as was my Grandfather and moved/fouhgt for Cuba..which my Grandfather emigrated to Cuba, had my mom there, then fled to USA after Bay Of Pigs.

I am liking "Campo"

Valor 6/3/17
CGC BH AD
- 6/3/17
Blitzen 2/21/19

post #6 of 43 (permalink) Old 10-25-2018, 12:48 PM
Knighted Member

These are all German but no guns
.Caio, Cody, Carlo, Calvin.
CometDog likes this.

"If there ever comes a day when we can't be together,keep me in your heart, I'll stay there forever." A.A. Milne
Karen

Tessa~GSD
Della~GSD

post #7 of 43 (permalink) Old 10-25-2018, 01:37 PM

Canon Carbine CZ
Stevenzachsmom and CometDog like this.
post #8 of 43 (permalink) Old 10-25-2018, 05:36 PM
Crowned Member

Congrats on the upcoming pup.

Chaos, Roman God

Cruiser, naval warship.
CometDog likes this.
post #9 of 43 (permalink) Old 10-25-2018, 07:49 PM
Elite Member

Chaos, Roman God

I make it a policy to never name an animal after something that might become a self-fulfilling prophecy!
post #10 of 43 (permalink) Old 10-25-2018, 08:04 PM
Crowned Member

Cane, captain, Cisko, cole - getting ready to watch the old charmed now lol!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
CometDog likes this.

Last edited by Jenny720; 10-25-2018 at 08:10 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page