Meaty Bones ??? - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-24-2018, 12:23 PM Thread Starter

Meaty Bones ???

Often people post about giving their dogs meaty bones. I feel a bit dumb asking this, but are you referring to real bones with meat as from the butcher, or is the reference to Meaty Bones the brand of dog chews/treats? I want to assume the former, but you know the saying about assuming. If you get butcher bones, what type? Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-24-2018, 01:31 PM
Crowned Member

Can only say that I never use supermarket treats as they are low quality and most use ingredients from China.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-24-2018, 02:08 PM
Master Member

Butcher bones. The list is long frame leg wing neck feet tails ribs quail goat rabbit turkey duck chicken. The larger the animal the harder the bones be careful. You dont want broken or worn teeth. If you are looking for recreational. Most would advise against it depending how aggressive of a chewer your dog is. I'll get a real meaty knuckle bone, once the meat is gone my dog will naw on it occasionally. I believe pork roast have a good bone in them as well. Lamb horns I think it is...popular choice
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-24-2018, 03:04 PM
Crowned Member

Raw meaty bones. Chicken parts, poultry necks, lamb necks, etc. I don't like marrow bones. My dogs break teeth on them.

Lamb horn is not a RMB. It's made of keratin. They smell horrid but last several days for a chew and are 100% digestible.

post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-25-2018, 01:44 PM Thread Starter

Thanks all, that's helpful!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page