• 2 Post By GatorBytes
  • 1 Post By Katsugsd
  • 2 Post By GypsyGhost
  • 1 Post By RoseW

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-15-2018, 09:17 PM Thread Starter
Crowned Member

Boots

Winter is coming, anyone use dog boots to protect dogs feet from is and salt ? Which ones ? How do you get a gsd to keep them on ? Tks all.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-15-2018, 11:03 PM
Crowned Member

Well I just bought these a couple weeks ago. 30 day return policy, so I said, its not going to snow for 2 more months. Had a heck of a time finding anything last year. Bought Muttlucks 50 bucks plus tax. Super hard to get on and they don't stay on. Well maybe a minute. Brutal.
Loved the dollar store fake neoprene booties and so did she...but only lasted a few days. Salt chewed them up. So bought a bunch packages at a time cost was likely same or more over the season....But I found these and they seem to have the ease of dollar store ones, but durability of muttlucks. Slightly higher price point.
Wish the store I got from offered in pink though

https://www.pawshpads.com/
huntergreen and Opsoclonus like this.

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion. - Unknown
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-16-2018, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorBytes View Post
Well I just bought these a couple weeks ago. 30 day return policy, so I said, its not going to snow for 2 more months. Had a heck of a time finding anything last year. Bought Muttlucks 50 bucks plus tax. Super hard to get on and they don't stay on. Well maybe a minute. Brutal.
Loved the dollar store fake neoprene booties and so did she...but only lasted a few days. Salt chewed them up. So bought a bunch packages at a time cost was likely same or more over the season....But I found these and they seem to have the ease of dollar store ones, but durability of muttlucks. Slightly higher price point.

I'm going to keep these in mind for the winter. It's super finicky here in MD on whether or not it's going to actually snow, but I'd rather have them than deal with whining puppies and bloody paw pads from ice.
huntergreen likes this.

+ Kalbi CGC 6/21/2015
+ Blackthorn's Out of the Frying Pan NW1 ORT SEN SCN BCAT SIN RATN TKN (Katsu) 9/12/2017
+ Blackthorn's Skofnung CGC TKN RATI RATO (Steel) 07/23/2018
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-16-2018, 11:15 AM
The Friendly Neighborhood Witch Mod

https://www.pawzdogboots.com/

I’ve had the best luck with these, for just avoiding getting salt on their feet. They’re easy to put on and last a while with just normal walking. I usually just buy a few packages per year for 3 dogs. I do also have a few different pairs of ruffwear boots, which I really like. I tried muttlucks once. Lost one in the snow during our first outing.
huntergreen and GatorBytes like this.

Train the dog in front of you.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-16-2018, 03:43 PM Thread Starter
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorBytes View Post

Thanks gator .
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-16-2018, 03:45 PM Thread Starter
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsyGhost View Post
https://www.pawzdogboots.com/

I’ve had the best luck with these, for just avoiding getting salt on their feet. They’re easy to put on and last a while with just normal walking. I usually just buy a few packages per year for 3 dogs. I do also have a few different pairs of ruffwear boots, which I really like. I tried muttlucks once. Lost one in the snow during our first outing.
Thanks Gypsy.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-17-2018, 10:48 AM

I had a good experience using Ruffwear Polar Trex in snowy conditions.
huntergreen likes this.

Rose
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page