Avoided a scary accident
I am posting this as a word of caution since accidents happen easily and when you least expect it.
I used to wear a referee whistle around my neck when I take the dogs out. I use it for recall and to ward off charging strange dogs. Well, a while ago I bent over to pick up a ball while nosy Griff investigated it. The whistle's cord hung loose in front of me and he almost, really almost got his head in it. If that had happened......
From that time on, no scarfs, no necklaces, no clicker on a cord, no leashes(!!), or anything around my neck that can get me choked by a dog.