Dog Bed Preferences? - German Shepherd Dog Forums
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-04-2017, 12:34 PM Thread Starter

Dog Bed Preferences?

I'm sad to say Sitka's been kicked out of the bedroom. Because of my allergies he can no longer sleep in my bed, so I'm looking to make it up to him.

Sitka is 7 months old and 70lbs now, but I'm hoping to get him something that will last a long time. I have a very small apartment, so I don't want something huge, but I want the best for him. Lastly, because its a tiny apartment, I definitely want something that is easy to clean - its doesn't take much to stink up the space!

What dog bed does your pooch love?

What do you recommend?

Anything I should avoid?

If you have pics, even better!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-04-2017, 12:45 PM

I recently bought this Cot bed at chewy.com they had an amazing sale 7 bucks per cot (I got 2) and he looooooves it.

Any ways I have my eyes on the following dog bed:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01HJ1ICLQ...=2SRLIL34B1FXN

Orthopedic foam, removable and Machine Washable cover which is always nice if your dog don't destroy them if the foam wears off you can replace it i guess. I wouldn't go for those...cotton stuffed beds the cotton starts to go into different places and the bed seems like is not leveled.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	22243955_499225823780977_2011392389_o.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	15.3 KB
ID:	449538  

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-04-2017, 12:50 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by karladupler View Post
I recently bought this Cot bed at chewy.com they had an amazing sale 7 bucks per cot (I got 2) and he looooooves it.

Any ways I have my eyes on the following dog bed:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01HJ1ICLQ...=2SRLIL34B1FXN

I've been looking at this bed too! Sitka loves to rest his head on pillows or blankets so that it's a little elevated

Orthopedic foam, removable and Machine Washable cover which is always nice if your dog don't destroy them if the foam wears off you can replace it i guess.

Sitka can't be trusted alone yet he is in his kennel during the day and will only be on the bed at night, so hopefully he won't have much opportunity to chew

I wouldn't go for those...cotton stuffed beds the cotton starts to go into different places and the bed seems like is not leveled.
Ok, No Cotton -- Good advice!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-04-2017, 01:10 PM

I recently bought a orthopedic memory foam one at Costco (https://www.costco.com/Kirkland-Sign...100349386.html) for my older border collie who no longer can jump on the bed and she LOVES it. And so does our cat lol.
SitkatheGSD likes this.

Did you deserve your dog today?
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-04-2017, 01:28 PM Thread Starter

PetFusion Dog Bed & Lounge

I'm thinking I'll go for this one from Amazon

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B017J9KNEC/...EFWLLXM5&psc=1

It's expensive, but the reviews look really good --> Does anyone have this one?
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-04-2017, 02:50 PM

We had quite a time finding a quality bed for when our Sheba is fully grown. There just are not a lot of options out there for these big doggies, here in Canada at least. We finally snagged this large, comfy beauty on Ebay... sold by Wayfair, and it cost us a grand total of $98 CAD, ($78 US) including shipping to our remote island in the North Atlantic, from Kentucky. The bed arrived a couple days ago, and is very well made, comfortable as can be, and looks great. It has a removable (zippered) outer skin for easy washing; a sort of micro-suede material. We stuck it on the floor of our living room for a few minutes to check it out, and our little Shih Tzu Chrissy immediately jumped on it, settled into its plush middle, and was fast asleep in seconds! If anyone is interested in this bed, I can provide a link.

Here is a pic of Sheba's luxurious new bed... well, at least for when she isn't fast asleep in ours! It is a large 44" x 35", with 10 inch high "armrests" and back. (stock company photo)

Glen
Focus On Newfoundland
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-04-2017, 02:54 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by karladupler View Post
That is an amazing sale! Unfortunately, they don't ship to Canada
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-04-2017, 03:01 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by camperbc View Post
We had quite a time finding a quality bed for when our Sheba is fully grown. There just are not a lot of options out there for these big doggies, here in Canada at least. We finally snagged this large, comfy beauty on Ebay... sold by Wayfair, and it cost us a grand total of $98 CAD, ($78 US) including shipping to our remote island in the North Atlantic, from Kentucky. The bed arrived a couple days ago, and is very well made, comfortable as can be, and looks great. It has a removable (zippered) outer skin for easy washing; a sort of micro-suede material. We stuck it on the floor of our living room for a few minutes to check it out, and our little Shih Tzu Chrissy immediately jumped on it, settled into its plush middle, and was fast asleep in seconds! If anyone is interested in this bed, I can provide a link.

Here is a pic of Sheba's luxurious new bed... well, at least for when she isn't fast asleep in ours! It is a large 44" x 35", with 10 inch high "armrests" and back. (stock company photo)

Glen
Focus On Newfoundland

This looks great!! I'm also in Canada - in Ontario! I ordered the one from Amazon, to take advantage of Amazon Prime. If it doesn't workout I'll definitely be looking at this one.

I'll post an update once I receive it.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-04-2017, 04:44 PM
Elite Member

...Because of my allergies...

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_s...d=Y9JE8EZHYGML

The 5 Best Allergen Sprays

There are sprays to reduce allergens on your dog and in your home, thought you would like to know.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-06-2017, 06:25 PM Thread Starter

And the winner is....

I decided on the PetFusion Ultimate Pet Lounge in XL - It had great reviews, an elevated pillow for Sitka's head, and you can purchase replace parts separately.

This is high quality through and through! Everything from teh memory foam to the zippers to the cover are made with high quality parts. It's easy to see that this will last for years. It was much more expensive than I planned on ($250.0 CDN) but I really feel I got my money's worth.

Sitka is 70lbs now at 7 months and I wanted something that will last when he is full grown. The XL is huge! You could fit 2 of him on it! He practically has his own couch!

Pros:
Everything! There is nothing about it I would change

Cons:
Now I have to get a bigger apartment... Yes, my apartment now is tiny, but his bed alone takes up half the living room! I had to remove two barstools just to fit in :P

I highly, highly recommend this.

Dog Bed Preferences?-22292228_10159390526210076_1359767873_o.jpg

Dog Bed Preferences?-22311845_10159390525495076_671672425_o.jpg
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page