Previous dogs you've owned. - German Shepherd Dog Forums
 5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-19-2017, 03:59 PM Thread Starter

Previous dogs you've owned.

I'm trying to expand my dog breed knowledge, and also really interested in hearing what you guys have owned (or really what has owned you haha). GO!

German Shepherd.
Bull Mastiff.
English Mastiff.
BullMastiff X Cane Corso.
Chihuahua.
Boxer.
Doberman.
Yorkie X Poodle.
Poodle.
Yorkie X ?
Yorkie X ? X Chihuahua.
German Shepherd X ?(lab?)
Pomeranian.
A couple unknown mixed dogs... Wall-E (found st Walmart) and Siren (found him on a street)
Bichon Frise.
Newfoundland.
Lab X Rottweiler pup that we rehomed after about a week to give a clean bill of health.(someone had him for free on the side of the road, and we couldnt pass him up)
Lab X Great Pyrenees X Boxer pups, again rehomed after a couple weeks.
There have been quite a few other rescued/found dogs, but we've either found their owners, Or found a good home for them and I can't remeber their breeds.
Im sure we've had other dogs lol (we're animal lovers) but I can't remeber. But never a PittBull. My mom believes that they are mean, and that's a bummer.

Okay your turn!!

Last edited by CranberryGSD; 09-19-2017 at 04:02 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-19-2017, 04:26 PM
Crowned Member

I have had 3 lab mixes.one was pit/lab ,Dodger. Hershey our current is mostly lab but maybe pointer mixed in. Sassy was a lab mix w/ maybe shepherd.
Then I have had five GSDs. Grew up w/ GSDs . My stepbrother had a beautiful black lab named Midnight when I was in high school.

Daisy 11/26/99-7/25/12
Miss Chevy Cruz - 1/25/2013-1/29/15
Thunder -1/25/13 -7/25/15
Lucky-GSD -Rescue -2/16/03 - 03-21-16
Charlie- GSD-Rescue - 7-4-12
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-19-2017, 04:48 PM
Knighted Member

For me, it's been German shepherds all the way.

My first three were all rescues, from the poor 35 lb. waif I found lying under the table in my uncle's farmhouse kitchen, to Tasha, the dog my room-mate found dumped in the streets of Scarborough, to Ranger, the male GSD his owner said he was going to shoot if someone wouldn't take him.

After that, I got Star, my first pedigreed GSD, then Eska, my current working line shepherd.

There were two others - a Shiloh shepherd, which I rehomed after she went into a fear period at 9 months, and became scared of her own shadow, and a purebred showline I rescued from a shelter in West Virginia, which had to be euthanized after I found out she was extremely dog aggressive.

My parents wouldn't let me have dogs when I was young, as my brother had allergies, but that didn't stop me from rescuing a one-eyed mutt our vet was going to put to sleep when I was working for him in my late 'teens. I did manage to find a good home for him. I am not sure of his ancestry, but the vet thought he was part Dalmatian.
CranberryGSD likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-19-2017, 04:52 PM
Elite Member

Alaskan moosehound
Cape Cod terrier
GSD
Alaskan husky
Malinois

I'm sticking with GSD or malinois now.
CranberryGSD likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-19-2017, 05:33 PM

Cairn
Yorkie
Shelties (2)
Wire Fox Terrier
Airedale
Dobermans (3)
Italian Greyhounds (4)
and of course the GSDs

~ Diane ~

CARLY ......... Ch. Lauremi's No Reservations (AKC GCh pointed, HIC)
SCARLET ..... Lauremi's Almost Wasn't (AKC pointed)
and absent friends... SAGE ~ Lauremi's Whim Z v Jakmar ~ AKC major ptd, HIC ~ 2010-2015
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-19-2017, 06:32 PM
Crowned Member

Growing up at home and the dogs I took care of -a terrier poodle mix- she looked like a medium size Irish wolfhound, gsd/golden maybe collie mix, poodle, and collie.

German shepherd, King Charles,

Now 1 chihuahua and 2 gsds.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-19-2017, 06:40 PM

I grew up with a lab/ GSD mix. Wonderful dog. As an adult I had a Ridgie mix. Smart as a whip. Then a beagle/ whippet mix. Not the sharpest tool in the shed but loved chasing squirrels from the bird feeder. Now my two GSDs. No not a lot of dogs but nearly always a dog. 

about.me/car2ner
Patton CGC BH
Chief fetch fanatic

post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-19-2017, 07:08 PM

I had two toy poodles while growing up, (Benji and Freeway) and the first dog after getting married was Chrissy, a gorgeous silver/black GSD, (30 years ago) who was with us for 13 years. Later came Bubba, a Maltese/Scottish Terrier cross, and next was another Chrissy, a purebred Shih-tzu who has been with us for almost a decade so far. And in two weeks time we get our little Sheba, a stunning female GSD who comes from equally magnificent parents. Can hardly wait to get her!

Glen
Fogo Island, NL
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-19-2017, 08:28 PM

Growing up in rural Appalachia, we had some hunting beagles, lots of mutts, and a coydog found in a barn as a pup (the indomitable Arpy, who lived to be 24 years old!)

As an adult, I’ve owned a basenji, a Hungarian kuvasz, a Great Dane, a Belgian-import GSD, and my current WGWL puppy.
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-19-2017, 08:35 PM
Master Member

Listed in a proper time line.

GSD
Pit Bull/lab
Australian Shepherd
Australian Cattle Dogx (2)
Unidentifiable mutt :P
Another GSD
American Pit Bull Terrier
Chip18 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page