Sleeping With A Furry Helicopter - German Shepherd Dog Forums
 17Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-14-2017, 08:28 AM Thread Starter
Knighted Member

Sleeping With A Furry Helicopter

Some nights, having Newlie in bed with me is like sleeping with a furry helicopter.

The first part of last night was unremarkable. He laid snuggled against the side of me, my arm around his shoulders, and his head on my chest and we both slept. At some point during the night, he must have heard me stirring, so he got up from where he was laying, and flopped sideways on me for a belly rub. I complied for two seconds, then pushed him off, turned over on my side and he proceeded to plaster himself to my back. I woke up enough to realize that I was laying perilously on one inch of mattress with a shred of blanket. On the other side of Newlie stretched a vast expanse of bed that no one was laying on and most of my blanket was underneath him. I turned again, and laying on my back, I was able to grab a little extra space and a bit of cover. I doze for a few minutes and then hear a noise. For some unaccountable reason, Newlie is now laying upside down, and when I open my eyes, I see two big hairy legs and feet up in the air by my shoulders. I ignore the invitation for another belly rub. He flops on me again, facing toward my feet, so all I see are his shoulders, a big head and ears. I try to ignore the invitation for a back rub, but feel bad, and give him a scratch or two.

When my alarm goes off, all too soon, he jumps up like he's at a race and hears the gate open. I hit the snooze button which he regards with contempt. He stares down at me, hoping that he can hypnotize me into vaulting out of bed the way he does, but it doesn't work. When I finally do get up. he races down the hall, periodically stopping to look back and see where I am, and circling back to make sure I haven't got lost along the way. So it begins.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-14-2017, 02:48 PM
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by newlie View Post
When my alarm goes off, all too soon, he jumps up like he's at a race and hears the gate open. I hit the snooze button which he regards with contempt. He stares down at me, hoping that he can hypnotize me into vaulting out of bed the way he does, but it doesn't work. When I finally do get up. he races down the hall, periodically stopping to look back and see where I am, and circling back to make sure I haven't got lost along the way. So it begins.
Ha, ha, that sounds very familiar. The day has begun, no escape possible. But her anticipating eyes help me get started, along with coffee. If we all could be so excited about the starts of our days.
Jenny720 likes this.
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-14-2017, 02:59 PM
Crowned Member

Lol! A cute newlie story. Newlie sounds sounds very helpful in the morning make sure you stay on schedule!!! It is funny max does the same thing to if I'm stirring in my sleep he sleeps right next me and he will flip his head back and I will pet his big velvety ears and face till I fall asleep.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Jenny720; 09-14-2017 at 03:11 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-14-2017, 03:01 PM

How about the big thumping tail in your face,lol!

Terri

Samson Blk/Slvr GSD. RN
Misty Husky Mix
Z-Z Terrier/potato mix
Devo Yorkie Mix at the bridge
Dakota Wht GSD at the bridge
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-14-2017, 03:09 PM
Crowned Member

Lol! One day I was coughing all night I took Benedryl extra dose and slept really late Saturday morning. I woke to a 82 lb gsd actually sitting on my stomach it was I knew it had to be pretty late and he wanted his breakfast. One night in the middle of the night something made me open my eyes and Luna was sleeping on a pillow with her face right in mine just watching me- it was a full moon so a lot of light was coming in the room and as soon as opened my eyes she Attacked me with kisses.

post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-14-2017, 04:44 PM Thread Starter
Knighted Member

[QUOTE=dogma13;8674978]How about the big thumping tail in your face,lol![/Q

Hahaha! Newlie once tried to sit on my head and I'm afraid I had to draw the line!
Jenny720 likes this.
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-14-2017, 04:49 PM
Crowned Member

lol! lol! Yes so funny! They are nutties-It always did remind me almost like pups in a litter how they would walk, sit all over each other, wag their tail in faces etc.- pups at heart!

post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-14-2017, 05:52 PM
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenny720 View Post
Lol! One day I was coughing all night I took Benedryl extra dose and slept really late Saturday morning. I woke to a 82 lb gsd actually sitting on my stomach it was I knew it had to be pretty late and he wanted his breakfast. One night in the middle of the night something made me open my eyes and Luna was sleeping on a pillow with her face right in mine just watching me- it was a full moon so a lot of light was coming in the room and as soon as opened my eyes she Attacked me with kisses.
OMG, that is a moment to always remember. Years ago,I saw (from a window) my mutt dog check a sweater of mine that was lying outside and he wagged his tail. That was one of those moments.
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-14-2017, 06:02 PM
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfy dog View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenny720 View Post
OMG, that is a moment to always remember. Years ago,I saw (from a window) my mutt dog check a sweater of mine that was lying outside and he wagged his tail. That was one of those moments.
Sweet trying to get your attention. Their silly antics to get attention are always hard to forget and keep us smiling -always!!!

post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-14-2017, 06:34 PM
Elite Member

Nitro loves bedtime, at night, the way he races for my bedroom would put every toddler to shame. He has a kangaroo tendon as a bedtime snack, then leaves the room. When my son is visiting however, Nitro snuggles him all night. Sleeping with me is not a sacrifice Nitro is prepared to make.
Jenny720 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page