Newlie the Nose! - German Shepherd Dog Forums
 3Likes
  • 3 Post By newlie

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-30-2017, 01:43 PM Thread Starter
Knighted Member

Newlie the Nose!

Another funny story about Newlie and me! This morning, whileI was getting ready, I let Newlie out into the yard again to play. He had alreadyhad breakfast, but I took his bowl and put a few cherry tomatoes, baby carrotsand a thin slice of ham in it and hid it for him to find. When I let him in, ittook him probably 60 seconds to find the bowl and maybe 30 seconds to consumethe food. Theoretically, this is supposed to keep him busy while I am gettingready for work, but you see how well that works.

Anyway, when I was getting ready, I heard him bark several times. I went out and he was sitting in front of the cabinet with the microwaveon it and staring up. I couldn’t see anything but my banana on the cabinet, butbananas are one of the few things he doesn’t care for. A few minutes later, hebarked again and he is still in the same place. There is a bag on the microwavethat is roughly the same size and shape as his “Greenie” so I thought he mightbe barking at that. I put it away. When Newlie barked again the third time, Iam like “WHAT?” Then it him me.

Last night, I worked some overtime and was tired when I gothome. I warmed up some leftovers for supper and fixed a couple of those small piecesof corn on the cob to eat. When I finished, I remember all that Jenny wentthrough after her Max got some corn cobs out of the garbage, but I was tired,it was raining and I was already in my pajamas. So, I put the two little cobsin a plastic grocery bag and put them inside my microwave oven to take out inthe morning. That’s what my monsterwanted!

Needless to say, I took them out to the garbage as I wasleaving for work today!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-30-2017, 02:11 PM

I can relate,lol!If a morsel of kibble or crumb of whatever rolls under the stove or fridge my two will will not rest easy until I recover it.

Terri

Samson Blk/Slvr GSD. RN
Misty Husky Mix
Z-Z Terrier/potato mix
Devo Yorkie Mix at the bridge
Dakota Wht GSD at the bridge
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-30-2017, 02:14 PM

Newlie stories crack me up!

"German Shepherds are cool dogs... You're welcome" - Memoirs of Cpt Stephanitz 1933

You see, a Malinois’ love is very different from that of a square - Prof. Adolph Reul

Millicent Mae WLGSD 4/27/17 &
Grendel KNPV Malinois 2/15/18
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-30-2017, 02:15 PM
Crowned Member

love that. there was something different in his kitchen.

Daisy 11/26/99-7/25/12
Miss Chevy Cruz - 1/25/2013-1/29/15
Thunder -1/25/13 -7/25/15
Lucky-GSD -Rescue -2/16/03 - 03-21-16
Charlie- GSD-Rescue - 7-4-12
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-30-2017, 04:35 PM
Elite Member

Hahaha. Proof positive the nose knows.

"If you can't see his soul when you look in his eyes, then you need a seeing-eye dog"
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-30-2017, 05:07 PM
Crowned Member

Lol!!! Newlie is smart and trying to keep the game going! Like the microwave idea!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page