UK Pet Insurance? - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-06-2017, 07:52 PM Thread Starter

UK Pet Insurance?

Hi guys.
I was just wondering what you guys would consider the best Pet Insurance company to be, I'm struggling to find which was is rated the best. I've heard petplan is the one to have but what is everyone else's opinion on who's reliable and best for your dog?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-07-2017, 06:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikki92 View Post
Hi guys.
I was just wondering what you guys would consider the best Pet Insurance company to be, I'm struggling to find which was is rated the best. I've heard petplan is the one to have but what is everyone else's opinion on who's reliable and best for your dog?
Hey

I'm also based in the UK and we are with Petplan. It is a bit pricey than anything else but I thought it was the best for my dog, the cover is good and the best thing is they don't increase premium if you claim. My dog had to have an emergency surgery (foreign object removal) from his stomach, £3500 in total. It was directly claimed from petplan and I only had to pay the excess.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-07-2017, 08:25 AM Thread Starter

Yeah petplan seems to be the most advised. Looked through a quote earlier, £80 a month so only 20 dearer than other quotes, looks like they pay vets directly too?
Claiming wise is it as simple as that? I know with others there form filling, waiting on a decision etc, last thing I want if god forbid anything happens to him is to have to wait and fill in endless forms to see if they'll pay out?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-07-2017, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikki92 View Post
Yeah petplan seems to be the most advised. Looked through a quote earlier, £80 a month so only 20 dearer than other quotes, looks like they pay vets directly too?
Claiming wise is it as simple as that? I know with others there form filling, waiting on a decision etc, last thing I want if god forbid anything happens to him is to have to wait and fill in endless forms to see if they'll pay out?
Mine is £47 a month, male GSD, 18 months now, got it when he was only 8 weeks... Petplan cover for life, gosh £80 is even more expensive than I thought...
Yes, claiming is dead easy, in fact our vet was doing all claims, there is only one form and the only thing you need to fill in is your policy number, the vet did the rest. Anyway, to do it yourself wouldn't be difficult either. Forms are available on the internet or at the vet office.
This horrible experience when my dog had to have that emergency surgery, I only showed them that I did have the insurance and didn't have to fill in anything on that day, they rushed the dog for the surgery and the forms were done 3 days later when I collected him. No worry on that part.
I'm not advocating petplan, prolly other companies provide similar type of cover/service and are as reliable as petplan, just sharing my experience..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page